Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

susi grant decision

Options
  • 24-08-2015 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

I originally applied in June. Sent back forms requested the 27th July.thought I'd start a thread of when people applied and when they got a decision.i know it can vary on circumstances.but might give us all a rough estimate of waiting times ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

LOL you'll be waiting a while. Mine went for final approval on June 13th (or just around then) and hasn't been looked at yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 nasher 1982

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    LOL you'll be waiting a while. Mine went for final approval on June 13th (or just around then) and hasn't been looked at yet.
    Yikees! I'm in for a long wait so.hope u get an answer soon

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

I applied in April and im still waiting on a decision.

I applied in April and im still waiting on a decision.
    Good luck with it. If u think of it. Could u let me know when u get a decision.

Good luck with it. If u think of it. Could u let me know when u get a decision.

Id be happy to....as long as its a yes otherwise il too pissed off to do anything!

• Advertisement

Id be happy to....as long as its a yes otherwise il too pissed off to do anything!

Haha fingers crossed 4u. Will be a relief when we get the decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ididthemathtom

I'm under state care and have zero parental income; I'm travelling across the country for college, and I'm going to be studying full time. I'm guaranteed SUSI and I haven't heard **** yet, so don't worry about it. I believe I applied for the first time at around April, May, and got more info requested in late July. Not sure though as I didn't have to do either myself.

I'm under state care and have zero parental income; I'm travelling across the country for college, and I'm going to be studying full time. I'm guaranteed SUSI and I haven't heard **** yet, so don't worry about it. I believe I applied for the first time at around April, May, and got more info requested in late July. Not sure though as I didn't have to do either myself.

Thanks for the reply. N good luck in college :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

Just curious. What makes you think you are guaranteed SUSI and if you didn't do it yourself, who signed the form?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ididthemathtom

eezipc wrote: »
    Just curious. What makes you think you are guaranteed SUSI and if you didn't do it yourself, who signed the form?

I'm guaranteed SUSI because I'm in foster care and dependent upon the state. I'm living far from the college I'm going to and advancing in my education to a higher fetac level (8) and finished my leaving cert course this year. I do not have a job. The forms were completed by my aftercare worker (aftercare because I am 18 now and attending third level education, so my social worker has changed). I signed my name for one form and gave my bank details, and that was all I've done.

• Advertisement

Anybody got a decision yet?

Anybody got a decision yet?
    Nope but there was someone in from susi in the college today and he said if you got asked for documents in July you should hear something in the next few days/weeks.

Nope but there was someone in from susi in the college today and he said if you got asked for documents in July you should hear something in the next few days/weeks.

Hopefully days! Will take a load off my mind. Gave up my job because of back problems.had procedure done.if I get this grant will help so much!

Rang them. She said it will be afew weeks :( the poor woman on the phone . Could hear the fear in her voice when she told me n said " is that ok"

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭compo1

Rang them. She said it will be afew weeks :( the poor woman on the phone . Could hear the fear in her voice when she told me n said " is that ok"
    I get the feeling they're not properly trained and most of them are just winging it. Not the fault of the staff, but a discomfort in the posterior to the rest of us.

compo1 wrote: »
    I get the feeling they're not properly trained and most of them are just winging it. Not the fault of the staff, but a discomfort in the posterior to the rest of us.
    Sure is lol I suppose they have to confirm with the college we have registered etc. Was talking to someone on another thread. They in final assesment since 21st July n just got a decision

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭nickys

I got Awarded this morning
    I was Provisonally awarded since the 29th July

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

jaymcg91 wrote: »

nickys wrote: »
    I got Awarded this morning
    I was Provisonally awarded since the 29th July

How long ago did ye apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭nickys

How long ago did ye apply?

Applied the day it opened online

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Nobracairo

I sent in my application on the 25th of April and had all requested documents returned to them on the 2nd of June . I am queued for final assessment since June 6th and have heard jack .... since , I rang them several times and E-mailed them twice to no avail. so I really think they don't have any real system , some get awarded early and some don't , If there is anybody waiting this long and in the same boat I would appreciate some information ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

I'd love to know where they are at right now. Did someone on this Thread say they have stuff in since April is it? Do all the Colleges have different Payment-by Deadline or is it the same Deadline date for every College I wonder?

Shure they should really work together like.... Shure if they are months behind the Deadline needs to be increased to reflect this. It's not the students faults like.... :pac: Apply for Grant and then ya still have to cough up if there's no sign of it or else the College will be on your back looking for money off ya! Pointless much?!? :p

I'm not sure if colleges have different dates but if you take a screen shot of your susi application show the academic registry in college and they will stay off your back a bit longer, I think the whole susi operation and there staff are robots programmed to say and reply to every query the same way. They are a shambles

Do you have to register with the college before susi will issue awards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Nobracairo wrote: »
    Do you have to register with the college before susi will issue awards ?

Yes, I applied for a grant for my son back in April, got awarded September 14th, they sent letter out and one of the condition is that the grant will be paid out once the college confirms he is registered on his course, which he is, he started college on the 7th September

Thanks blackbird 49 , and the best of luck to your son..

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Tet2015

Well, I'm still waiting and applied a month earlier.....:/ Anyone else?

It would be nice if they at least communicated with us a bit.

Advertisement