Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aonghus von bismarck is going to get fired in the morning

• 24-08-2015 6:02pm

The German stockmarket down 22% since recent high. Crazy days in the market. Frankfurt stunned. Waiting for the official response from aonghus.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

US is also bizzare .... down 1000 followed by panic buying and rebounds. Weird, weird day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Dow opened down nearly 1000 points has got back most of that back now, scalped a bit of it on the way up but boy you need nerves of steel to play the markets today cause you could get wiped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

It's all gone pear shaped since he threw away his brother's bag of droogs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭OneOfThem

The lad's off his mind on riesling and mindfulness half the time. Be a couple of weeks before he cops.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Maybe he's a Pig. I mean a Bear.

• Advertisement

And who da feck said the Chinese were a great bunch of lads?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Perhaps he's still on gardening leave following that f#ck up he said he made a few weeks ago? Perhaps it's actually the absence of a bit of mindfulness that has caused this dreadful calamity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

He'll blame those dastardly Greeks like other sensible Germans have been doing all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭130Kph

Its been a tough summer for Von B. I hope he's not flung out on his ear, especially after....
    Tuesday 16th June, 2015. 10.43am CET.

I made a very costly mistake in work. A fundamental error of judgement that cost one of my clients a considerable amount of money, and has tarnished my reputation within the department, and indeed the organisation in general.

Although, there is always a backup plan :pac:
    I'd rather fancy my chances in Somalia to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

My advice sell the Aus and NZ dollar, NZ dollar down $11 against the Eur today.

• Advertisement

130Kph wrote: »
    Its been a tough summer for Von B. I hope he's not flung out on his ear, especially after....

Although, there is always a backup plan :pac:

#cut4aonghus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

How concerned should we be? Is there any safe habour currency? Everything's in euros but I've got about $15 American and maybe £30 Sterling. How many hookers will that get in the coming post-crash wasteland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

market correction
    nothing to see here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Waiting for the official response from aonghus.

I heard he had to pick up a new Tablet, so he might be a wee bit delayed in responding to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

What happened, for those of us out of the loop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

I heard he had to pick up a new Tablet, so he might be a wee bit delayed in responding to you.

Those new quaaludes sure look funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Couple of markets moved back to a level that they should be at + couple of currencies moved back to a value they should be at + not much else happening in the news =

OMG ARMAGEDDON!!!!

c_man wrote: »
    How concerned should we be? Is there any safe habour currency? Everything's in euros but I've got about $15 American and maybe £30 Sterling. How many hookers will that get in the coming post-crash wasteland?

Exchange it all for bottlecaps, that will be the new currency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭OneOfThem

c_man wrote: »

Buy all the bitcoin you can get your grubby internet mits on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Couple of markets moved back to a level that they should be at + couple of currencies moved back to a value they should be at + not much else happening in the news =

OMG ARMAGEDDON!!!!

Yea but what was Mr Bismarck's alleged contribution to the aforementioned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

We are all fcuking broker than we already were due to the chinese finding out their money tree didn't grow and someone stole all the tea in China too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

A Chinese bubble has long been in the offing for anyone paying attention. The Chinese government haven't a clue what to do.

I think Australia will be sweating a little at the moment.

Yea but what was Mr Bismarck's alleged contribution to the aforementioned?

He was the frog of frankfurt (Street).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Never mind the German market. £74,000,000,000 has been wiped off the FTSE 100 so far today alone

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/markets/11819812/Black-Monday-live-FTSE-100-China-global-markets.html

****'s about to hit the cheaply made Chinese fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

AvonB is where he's always been, holed up in his parents box-room in Ballinasloe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Aidric wrote: »
    The Chinese government haven't a clue what to do.

How can that be anything approaching correct? China has experienced 35 years of continuous growth while countries that adhere to neoliberal orthodoxy have boomed and bust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

How can that be anything approaching correct? China has experienced 35 years of continuous growth while countries that adhere to neoliberal orthodoxy have boomed and bust.

China is neo-liberal too.
    They care little for regulation, and are very lassaiz faire.
    Companies do what they want. All that matters is that the commissars wet their beaks.

Plus, when a dictatorships continued survival predicates on saying its making GDP growth, that's what you get..... whether it's real or made up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Wasn't Bertie himself out there recently giving economic advice. The poor 'aul Chinese obviously fell for the promise of boomier times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

China is neo-liberal too.

It's not really. The vast majority of China's largest companies are publicly owned and managed. Neoliberal orthodoxy is all about privatization.
    Companies do what they want. All that matters is that the commissars wet their beaks.

They do as they're told.
    While China continues to develop capitalistic capacities, the party-state has increasingly tightened control of the economy and synchronized political and economic stratification – a tendency towards a centrally managed capitalism. Under centrally managed capitalism, the party-state commands the economy by controlling personnel, organizations, and capital in both political and economic arenas.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1740-8784.2010.00203.x/pdf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

He'll be wearing bootcut jeans by the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Should we send out our bunch of failed school teachers to fix the problem..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

The guy is pretty much the best thing on boards.ie, its a shame nobody can seem to spell his name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Gordon Brown's former adviser is warning people in Britain to stock up in tinned food ahead of the Chinese economic collapse.

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/600394/Gordon-Brown-Damian-McBride-buy-bottled-water-tinned-goods-over-China-black-monday-crisis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You mean Pighead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

With his polo shirt untucked?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Pighead was advising Gordon Brown? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

knird evol wrote: »
    Pighead was advising Gordon Brown? :eek:

You would want plenty of tinned food stashed away for that guy alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Giblet wrote: »
    You mean Pighead?

Aongus is infinitely funnier than that one trick pony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

RWCNT wrote: »
    The guy is pretty much the best thing on boards.ie, its a shame nobody can seem to spell his name.

He's no Degsy,thats for sure,but he's certainly a character..I'm a big fan of his meself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

The German stockmarket down 22% since recent high. Crazy days in the market. Frankfurt stunned. Waiting for the official response from aonghus.

AVB shorted the Eurostoxx market and made a killing. He was long volalitity. Just waiting for him to confirm..(don't let me down Aongus, even if corporate finance is more your end of things).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,371 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

NOOOOOOO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,371 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Gordon Brown's former adviser is warning people in Britain to stock up in tinned food ahead of the Chinese economic collapse.

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/600394/Gordon-Brown-Damian-McBride-buy-bottled-water-tinned-goods-over-China-black-monday-crisis

Chinese dog food should be cheap, what with the way the dogs will be going...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

RWCNT wrote: »

Have to admit, I like his turn of phrase and the way he describes the lifestyle he enjoys.

Mads Mikelsen should play him in a TV series. I can see it now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Aidric wrote: »
    A Chinese bubble has long been in the offing for anyone paying attention. The Chinese government haven't a clue what to do.

I think Australia will be sweating a little at the moment.

I'm glad you posted that 6 months ago. Not afterward. What's happening with London property 2016?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

When was the last time AVB was posting?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Thread Closed
    I know this was opened in good spirits, but it's essentially a thread dedicated to attack a fellow poster here in After Hours which is not entirely cool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement