Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certificate of Compliance on old house

Options
  • 24-08-2015 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hello,

We're selling a house my dad built in 1995 and we're having an issue with the Certificate of Compliance. The house is in the country on a rural road and the house has no name so the certificate was filled in with the planning permission number rather than an address.

The buyers solicitor has asked for the person who signed the certificate twenty years ago to confirm that the cert relates to the house. Is this normal? The person may not even be in practice any more and I would have thought having a planning permission number linked the house to the site perfectly well.

Has anyone come across this before? My Dad passed away a few years ago so I can't ask him about the person who wrote the cert. Any ideas what we can do if we can't find the person who signed the cert twenty years ago? Is this even necessary if the cert clearly has the planning permission number which matched the site on the council's planning maps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

devastar wrote: »
    Hello,

We're selling a house my dad built in 1995 and we're having an issue with the Certificate of Compliance. The house is in the country on a rural road and the house has no name so the certificate was filled in with the planning permission number rather than an address.

The buyers solicitor has asked for the person who signed the certificate twenty years ago to confirm that the cert relates to the house. Is this normal? The person may not even be in practice any more and I would have thought having a planning permission number linked the house to the site perfectly well.

Has anyone come across this before? My Dad passed away a few years ago so I can't ask him about the person who wrote the cert. Any ideas what we can do if we can't find the person who signed the cert twenty years ago? Is this even necessary if the cert clearly has the planning permission number which matched the site on the council's planning maps?

You could try getting an engineer to simply certify that planning ref relates to dwelling at address x y z and that it relates to a site contained wholly within folio number abc.
    If that would not be sufficient, you could get an engineer to issue a new cert based on a visual inspection.

Advertisement