Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to expect Galaxy Tab S to drop in price?

Options
  • 24-08-2015 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

AFAIK, the Galaxy Tab s2 is up for release this month. Whats the likelyhood of a drop in price for the old(current) tab s and any guesses when that will start happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Got my 10.5 Tab S for €214.99 new in GameStop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

great but very limited deal. 8.4 versions were sold within a day of the offer . You were lucky, but there did seem to be a lot more 10.5 versions in gamestop.

8.4 is as big a screen as i am willing to go.

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    great but very limited deal. 8.4 versions were sold within a day of the offer . You were lucky, but there did seem to be a lot more 10.5 versions in gamestop.

When you have a 5.5" phone like myself, 10.5" makes sense ;)

Techmaster wrote: »
    When you have a 5.5" phone like myself, 10.5" makes sense ;)

never questioned your decision for a second. It just doesnt suit me!

never questioned your decision for a second. It just doesnt suit me!

Oh no I completely understand.

I just bought it for movies so the bigger screen suits me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Well when I checked this morning. All Dublin shops were sold out of the 10.5" while Henry St had 7/8 of 8.4" left in stock for 175e.

dan786 wrote: »
    Well when I checked this morning. All Dublin shops were sold out of the 10.5" while Henry St had 7/8 of 8.4" left in stock for 175e.

Called into Stephens green gamestop today and got an 8.4. They had 2 back in Stock.
    179 euros plus 17 euros for level 3 membership. Could do without the membership but still well worth it.

Brand new, not a refurbished model.

Called into Stephens green gamestop today and got an 8.4. They had 2 back in Stock.
    179 euros plus 17 euros for level 3 membership. Could do without the membership but still well worth it.

Brand new, not a refurbished model.

Buying it is not required. The free card works too.

Buying it is not required. The free card works too.

I asked. They wouldn't give the tablet at discount without buying the card. Either the shop you got yours in had it wrong, or the shop I was in got it wrong, but it was still A good deal

I asked. They wouldn't give the tablet at discount without buying the card. Either the shop you got yours in had it wrong, or the shop I was in got it wrong, but it was still A good deal

If you read the thread you'll see the card did not need to be purchased. Some shops were just taking advantage of the situation. :cool:

• Advertisement

If you read the thread you'll see the card did not need to be purchased. Some shops were just taking advantage of the situation. :cool:

If you read my comment you'll see I asked and they were not having it. No card, no tablet. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone move from an iPad to one of these?

I've used Android smartphones for years but tried an Android tablet a couple of years ago and was missing a couple of apps, magazines etc from my iPad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

There was an 8.4 left in Waterford as of last night.

Anyone recommend a cover with flip stand for the 10.5 - the official one seems a bit expensive? (equivalent of iPad Smart Cover)

Advertisement