Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hirobo Shuttle Plus

• 24-08-2015 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello all

I have a Shuttle plus from about 8 years ago i took out of the attic over the weekend. I never really learned to fly it, just learned how to crash it! I was very young at the time.
    I priced up the parts needed to repair from rc japan at the weekend comes to around 90 euro possibly customs charge too.
    Is it worth spending this much money or is it way to old? Maybe i could use the controls / servos etc for something better.

Any advise would be great

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

You could buy a new quadcopter with 90 euro, complete with a mini camera here in Ireland.
    If it were me, the repair of your shuttle would not be viable.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 knowall123

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    You could buy a new quadcopter with 90 euro, complete with a mini camera here in Ireland.
    If it were me, the repair of your shuttle would not be viable.

Thanks
    I just bought a hubson x4 which has got me interested again.
    Yep thats what i was hoping not to hear, that it wouldn't be worth repairing. i do think i payed close to 1000 euro or pounds at the time :(

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

You might want to check the engine as well - more than likely the bearings will be shot and need replacing..

• Registered Users Posts: 26 knowall123

syl77 wrote: »
    You might want to check the engine as well - more than likely the bearings will be shot and need replacing..

Thanks, I opened the bottom of the engine and all looked very clean. I ran it too and it sounds good. Still just pondering on whether or not to put 100 euro into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

I would repair it. It's worth nothing to you lying there.

Alternatively, could you sell it for parts on eBay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Regard engine bearings... just make sure both (front and back plate) run smooth. Also - try eBay for repair parts - it may bring down the cost a little

Advertisement