Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"No app found to open URL" error

Options
  • 24-08-2015 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,425 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody else getting this error message recently when clicking on some links in Google Search results?

It only seems to happen on links that could potentially open in external apps (if they were installed), such as Wikipedia, IMDb, Tapatalk etc., other links open fine in Chrome as usual. I've cleared cache and data in both Chrome and Google, reset app preferences, cleared defaults everything, but no luck.

I've also tried installing / uninstalling Chrome and installing / uninstalling the Wikipedia and IMDb apps hoping it might reset something, but again no luck.

This has only started happening in the last few days, so is probable the result of an update, I'm guessing of Google itself, since if I just do the same search in Chrome itself it works just fine.

Google Nexus 5, Android 5.1.1 everything up to date, by the way.

Comments

Advertisement