Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packing for the childminder

Options
  • 24-08-2015 8:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Just wondering what everyone puts in their bag for the childminder? We start on Wednesday. I'm providing bottles, food and nappies so obviously that but what about things like a change of clothes etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I'm also starting this week!
    I'm leaving a change of clothes in the bag (as I do for myself for out and about) and I'll give her a few spare outfits as well. Other than that, just a few toys and books.
    I've also to bring a travel cot, high chair and buggy. Might not apply to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I don't need the buggy/high chair but I am giving my second car seat which is fine. Yeah I definitely think a second outfit and jacket/hat. Soothers/dentinox are in my changing bag anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

My son has a box in his minders. I give her a big pack of nappies, wipes, Vaseline, sudocrem, nappy bags, spare vest, top, bottoms and socks, 2 cot sheets, 2 grobags and calpol. When anything is running low she puts the bag in his daily rucksack. I give her his travel cot.
    He goes in with a little rucksack of just his food. And a plastic bag of his teddies for nap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

That's a great idea Millem. Do you leave many toys at the minders?

That's a brilliant idea Millem, gonna contact mine now and see would that be ok

• Advertisement

No girls I don't give in any toys. The minder has a "work room" lol for the kiddies where she has loads and loads of toys and a kiddie table and chairs. Kiddies do their "work" (lol) in the mornings there. Upstairs are two bedrooms for kiddies only where the travel cots are left up permanently for naps. I won't collect travel cot till June! Every child has to give own travel cot.
    Out the back she has garden sectioned off for kiddies with little tikes cozy coupes, and little tikes playhouse etc where kiddies play in afternoon weather permitting.

I can't take credit for box idea!! It is my amazing minder's idea! She also has the cutest mini coat stand.

Got in touch with mine and she thinks its a brilliant idea! Totally delighted because I'm really not a morning person and I know i will forget things if I'm doing it daily. This way at least its just food and replacements. Now to go pick up a box later

Got in touch with mine and she thinks its a brilliant idea! Totally delighted because I'm really not a morning person and I know i will forget things if I'm doing it daily. This way at least its just food and replacements. Now to go pick up a box later

Exactly :) I literally just put in food and drink for day in rucksack. In plastic bag I put in his 4 teddies and lullaby thing. I put them in a plastic bag to make sure I bring them back as I would be snookered without them!!!

The type of boxes she uses are big tall cubes with lids they are fabric. Not flat shallow ones if you know what I mean ;)
    Home store and more have half price plastic storage boxes this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

We do something similar...the minder has a box of nappies, wipes, cream, nappy bags and we top up as she needs them.I also used to give her a tin of formula when she needed it,(on to cow's milk now).We bought a second comfort teddy for her when she started there and put it in our bed for a few days, so she could take it and leave it in the minders, and it would smell like mammy for the first while anywau!Ditto for soothers, the minder has two for her.I also gave her a box of cereal for breakfast, and that gets replaced as needed, and I bought a few tshrts, bottoms, zip up jumpers, and a pack of vests all to be left over there.She literally goes over with her bag of food for the day and her jacket.
    I did buy 3/4 bits of toys at the start and left them over there too, but she plays with whatever is handy now, and the minder has lots of random toys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I know we're coming to the end of the summer but suncreme and a hat are another two items that might be needed during the day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement