Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2003 Adria dk 670 control panel

Options
  • 23-08-2015 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

[IMG]http://[/img]DSC_0041.jpgHi all,
    I bought the above camper privately earlier this year. As this is our first camper we had a lot to learn. There is one button that I cannot work out what it does, it's to the left of the control panel pics attached. It looks like it is a heater of some sort but I can't be sure. The guy that had it before me hadn't a clue what it was either and I've searched online with no success. Hopefully some of you more experienced campers can shed some light on it
    Cheers Dermot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭brosnadog

[IMG][/img]DSC_0041.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Something about waste water tank heating?

http://downloads.campingcar-bricoloisirs.net/telechargement/pdf/schaudt%20it204-3_ID_5224066145087ed18b9090.pdf

It's on page 4 here. In French!

Thanks for that. I'll dig out my French dictionary and see if I can make sense of it

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

5.3 Activation and deactivation of the waste water tank heating
    Switch heating
    > Press the top of the switch: Waste water tank heating is activated. The yellow alert light lights.
    > Press the bottom of the switch: Waste water tank heating is disabled. The alarm light yellow is off.

Why you'd want to use energy to heat waster water I've no idea!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    5.3 Activation and deactivation of the waste water tank heating
    Switch heating
    > Press the top of the switch: Waste water tank heating is activated. The yellow alert light lights.
    > Press the bottom of the switch: Waste water tank heating is disabled. The alarm light yellow is off.

Why you'd want to use energy to heat waster water I've no idea!!:confused:

I can only think that in the event it froze you would not be able to empty the tank. If it was full and frozen you would no longer be able to use your water system. Could be a real issue for people who use their MH during the winter in particularly cold countries. My grey water tank is outside(like most) and would not benefit from the heat inside the MH to keep it unfrozen like the fresh water tank would.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys,
    I knew id get an answer here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

It's because Adria build the same spec motor home for cold and moderate climates, such is the high quality of their insulation. Hence campers in Ireland and Spain etc with features more suitable for Finland!

Advertisement