Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does BTEA also help with travel costs?

Options
  • 23-08-2015 5:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

When I did a FETAC lvl 5 in 2007 I remember I got an extra 15€ p/w on top of my payment.

The payment I was on I am 85% sure it was BTEA. So does BTEA normally allow for public transport costs also?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 PaulRyan17

As far as I know BTEA is just the flat rate. Pretty sure you were doing FAS which does help with travel/accomodation

Sn@kebite wrote: »
    When I did a FETAC lvl 5 in 2007 I remember I got an extra 15€ p/w on top of my payment.

The payment I was on I am 85% sure it was BTEA. So does BTEA normally allow for public transport costs also?

You no longer get extra on BTEA. This was phased out. You can apply for a SUSI grant to cover fees, but you can only get that if you are progressing. ie from level 6 to 7 etc. If you already have a level 7, you cannot start another course at a lower level.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Sn@kebite

PaulRyan17 wrote: »
    As far as I know BTEA is just the flat rate. Pretty sure you were doing FAS which does help with travel/accomodation
    Yeah I think it was FAS but it was accounting so it was academic not trade. Would the FAS payment not have been BTEA, some sort of different payment?
    You no longer get extra on BTEA. This was phased out. You can apply for a SUSI grant to cover fees, but you can only get that if you are progressing. ie from level 6 to 7 etc. If you already have a level 7, you cannot start another course at a lower level.
    I have level 5 and am entering a level 6. Also I will state that my understanding is exceptions can be made under special circumstances if you can really show there is a good chance of employment they can sometimes allow you to do an equal level. (this was stated to me by my employment mediator) Also if you have been out of education for 5 years you can sometimes enter and equal level. But yes if you have a level 7 or higher you can't do another degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭simonsez

Sn@kebite wrote: »
    When I did a FETAC lvl 5 in 2007 I remember I got an extra 15 p/w on top of my payment.

no

Advertisement