Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Leaf Day!

Options
  • 23-08-2015 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Finally made it, folks, am now a fully-fledged (ecotricity) card carrying member of the Leafleteers community :D

Well, my wife is, technically, since it's her car.

Anyway, meet Leif, my wife's new toy boy: 2015 Acenta with 6.6kW charger in Sonic Blue:

Thanks of course to all the various characters on here for help, advice and opinion which steered us towards the car we've just bought. Nearly came over to Ireland this week for a shakedown cruise but have ended up in northen France instead (although not in Leif!). Next year we'll be over :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

GreyDad wrote: »
    Finally made it, folks, am now a fully-fledged (ecotricity) card carrying member of the Leafleteers community :D

Well, my wife is, technically, since it's her car.

Anyway, meet Leif, my wife's new toy boy: 2015 Acenta with 6.6kW charger in Sonic Blue:

Thanks of course to all the various characters on here for help, advice and opinion which steered us towards the car we've just bought. Nearly came over to Ireland this week for a shakedown cruise but have ended up in northen France instead (although not in Leif!). Next year we'll be over :D

well done! enjoy the adventure ahead of you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Congrats! Love the colour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

May it bring you many miles of happy motoring!

Excellent, welcome to the world of electric motoring, there's no going back now !!!

Best of luck with the Leaf :D

I couldn't log in to Boards all day today, and probably only logged in now because I'm always logged in on the leaptop.

browsing the site was mostly fine until you log in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭GreyDad

I've had problems with it today, kept saying service unavailable and taking several goes to load pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Congrats mate!

Best of luck with it! You WILL NOT regret it :D

359581.jpg

359582.jpg

359583.jpg

359584.jpg

That's better ! :)

You're probably driving around it it all morning ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Well wear, you'll love it. I just hate being on/in any of the remaining two ICEs in the family now after a couple of weekends driving the Leaf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

samih wrote: »
    Well wear, you'll love it. I just hate being on/in any of the remaining two ICEs in the family now after a couple of weekends driving the Leaf.

... and soon you will hate it even more... :)

That's better ! :)

You're probably driving around it it all morning ? :D

Thanks, I just can't figure out how to post pictures properly here.

No sadly not driving Leif, gone to France for a week but not confident about charging here so came in the Scout instead. Could probably have brought Leif tbh but there are no rapids at all near here so it would all be 7kW or domestic overnight. Would much rathet be driving around in the Leaf though :(

Thanks for all the comments, can't wait to sample the delights of the Irish EV charging infrastructure at some point :D

GreyDad wrote: »
    Thanks, I just can't figure out how to post pictures properly here.

No sadly not driving Leif, gone to France for a week but not confident about charging here so came in the Scout instead. Could probably have brought Leif tbh but there are no rapids at all near here so it would all be 7kW or domestic overnight. Would much rathet be driving around in the Leaf though :(

Thanks for all the comments, can't wait to sample the delights of the Irish EV charging infrastructure at some point :D

Oh the torture of it , being away in an old skool ICE car with a brand new leaf at home ! Couldn't do it ! haha :D

Gee, thanks :D

I am doing some "scouting" pardon the pun while I'm here though, trying to work out where the charging points are and what cards you need to get to them. The big supermarkets seem key to this, Leclerc, Auchon and SuperU all have charging and you get a card for that when you sign up to their loyalty cards.

Rapids are few in Brittany though most are 7kW with the French Type 3c connectir which you need a special cable for. I do get to practice my French reading all the comments from local EV drivers who find chargers aren't working - plus ca change :D

Very amused to find the term for someone ICEing a charging bay is 'une squatteur' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

thats the best colour for the Leaf IMO, saw one the other day the same colour, it looked perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭mr.dunkey

Goodluck with your New LEAF, cheap clean driving, nice colour too

Advertisement