Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

custard

Options
  • 22-08-2015 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi
    we had our 8 month check up with the phn nurse recently and we were telling her our baby's feeding routine. we used to give her a glenisk baby yoghurt most days but she said to only give her 2 or 3 max a week as it has a lot of sugar. she suggested giving custard instead so we got a couple of pots but i checked the sugar in it and its pretty much the same?! is there some other baby custard out there i don't know about?!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

baby custard?
    I think that she might have meant make custard for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

Moonbeam wrote: »
    baby custard?
    I think that she might have meant make custard for him?

Yeah she must mean buy the custard powder as you can make it up and not add any sugar :-)
    I know one of the baby food jars has egg custard, don't know which brand or if its very sugary.
    Best off making it you'll get loads more for your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

You could also buy natural yogurt and add your own fruit to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

The Glenisk Pure Original range has no added sugar at all, it's just plain yoghurt. you can get it either natural, or with added mango or blueberry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

leftshark wrote: »
    hi
    we had our 8 month check up with the phn nurse recently and we were telling her our baby's feeding routine. we used to give her a glenisk baby yoghurt most days but she said to only give her 2 or 3 max a week as it has a lot of sugar. she suggested giving custard instead so we got a couple of pots but i checked the sugar in it and its pretty much the same?! is there some other baby custard out there i don't know about?!

In my experience some phn have not a clue and I presume the minute you mentioned "yougart " she just thought sugar sugar sugar.
    I understand that petit filous and the like are full to the brim of sugar.
    But the glenisk baby ones are ok.

They are ticking boxes and fail to "hear " and listen in my experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Slightly OT but does anyone know the difference between glenisk original and the natural yoghurt? The original tastes better imo!

Advertisement