Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another stupid question from me

Options
  • 22-08-2015 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

ok this may not be the correct forum for this but I am just going through my bank statements and trying to input cheque journal in brb.. how do I find out what those little short cuts mean ie pos I know means point of sale.. but what is OP? VDP? etc surely there is a list somewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

gubby wrote: »
    ok this may not be the correct forum for this but I am just going through my bank statements and trying to input cheque journal in brb.. how do I find out what those little short cuts mean ie pos I know means point of sale.. but what is OP? VDP? etc surely there is a list somewhere?

OP stands for originator plus which is type of direct debit that doesn't require your written consent. VDP is visa debit POS.

A few more:
    EFT: electronic funds transfer
    VDA: visa debit atm
    VDC: visa debit contactless
    VPP: visa debit mobile service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

thank you.. that helps. banks should make it easier to find this information.

Advertisement