Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funding Necessities Whilst Doing Masters Degree

Options
  • 22-08-2015 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

I'm about to be laid off but have been accepted into a full-time Springboard course. I won't have been on the dole long enough to get a Back to Education allowance and I don't think I can get the regular dole because I'm not available to work (which makes sense). I'd be only too happy to work a part-time job but I've been advised that I won't have the time because its so intensive. My mam has no income so I don't think I'd have the sufficient security for a bank loan (€10,000 plus my current savings would do me for the year). I don't have any fees to pay its just living expenses.

Other than UCD's emergency student assistance, what other financial help might be available to me? I'll be living away from home for the programme and I'm 24.

Advertisement