Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanical Engineering Postgrad

Options
  • 22-08-2015 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I completed a level 8 mech eng course 4 years ago and have been in a very decent job ever since, well paid, great benefits but I really don't like the work.

I took the job as it was offered before I even sat exams at a time when no-one was getting work and in hindsight I should probably have stayed to do a masters.

I am interested in doing a postgrad (part-time, if possible online/distance) in mechanical engineering or related discipline with a view towards a career in product design/R&D/Development - this is my passion and what I want to spend my working days doing.I did get a first class honours in my degree but feel that my 4 years in a relatively unrelated field will hinder my chances of changing career so that's why I feel I need to do a masters.

There are a number of part time courses in Dublin(where I am based) and I was interested in finding out which one will give me the best qualification career-wise?? I would be interested in a product design/advanced CAD course offered distance if that would be a better career move.

Can anyone recommend any course in particular ? Any advice is appreciated.

Advertisement