Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Seat covers ,help

Options
  • 22-08-2015 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,just got a new hilux ,well 141 anyways,only problem,theirs regular seats in it ,these won't really work for me,blood, muck ,dogs etc.
    I don't really fancy cheap rubbishy ones,i'm thinking of having them covered ,I've requested a quote from seatcovers.ie,but havn't had a reply yet.
    Have any of ye used them,or could suggest something else.

Arrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Pop into your local motor factors that supply truckers,garages and farmers and actually carry useful things like filters,fuses etc.Ask them for a set of mechanic seat covers,not the cheapo plastic once or twice use.These are a tough HD nylon affair usually in grey or green.Cost about 20 quid,but are designed for tractors,jeeps etc. Bought a set a year ago and the amount of wet dogs and ud that has ended up on them is unbeliveable.A hose and yard brush is all they need for cleaning.Dunno if they do them for a rear bench though. In that case Ebay or Cabelas.com is your friend.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

If Your in Dublin or nearby go to Alba Automotive in Santry, i use them for re covering and repairs on seats and they do full leather and man made leather retrims that are second to none. I sell new Mercedes and would have no hesitation in handing them a brand new one for a full interior retrim

J.R. wrote: »

Although very effective id never put them in a new vehicle that wasn't purely for work, they look awful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I've had my seats recovered in man-made leather for the last 7 years and find them very hard wearing and ideal for most out door pursuits. Can't recommend any one as the company I used are gone.
    I also have a set of heavy duty mechanics nylon covers I use when kayaking as I often just drive back home in my wetsuit the covers protect the seats from salt water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

There are two women who do nearly all the taxi drivers seats in Dublin they are located in Ushers island on the the quays just next to the vespa shop, they are meant to be fairly cheap and do good work.

http://www.cylex.ie/company/car+upholstery+covers-11013419.html

There are two women who do nearly all the taxi drivers seats in Dublin they are located in Ushers island on the the quays just next to the vespa shop, they are meant to be fairly cheap and do good work.

http://www.cylex.ie/company/car+upholstery+covers-11013419.html

Iv seen their work and wouldn't recommend them for anything other than a taxi. The ones iv seen have been very bad fitting and look like aeat covers as apposed to re upholstered seats. The company i mentioned above do factory quality work with airbag approved stitching ect and perfect fit

Iv no connection with this company other than being a happy repeat customer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

aaakev wrote: »
    Iv seen their work and wouldn't recommend them for anything other than a taxi. The ones iv seen have been very bad fitting and look like aeat covers as apposed to re upholstered seats. The company i mentioned above do factory quality work with airbag approved stitching ect and perfect fit

Iv no connection with this company other than being a happy repeat customer
    Sorry I just seen it was a new hilux thought it was an old one for shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

just got a quote back from www.seatcovers.ie ,330 quid for a full fit out ,front and back including headrests ,and a choice of about a dozen colours ,with 2 tone also available for this price ,sorted, thanks lads :cool:.

Advertisement