Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help/advice what happened my MX2 Android TV Box?

Options
  • 22-08-2015 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

I bought one on ebay over a year ago. It was fully loaded with XBMC and all the usual Apps you'd want.
    All of a sudden one day,its as if the thing was just reset. Everything wiped off it.
    XBMC is still on it but no links/apps.
    No clue how to get them back.

Anyone know what happened or how i can go about restoring all that i had on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I bought one on ebay over a year ago. It was fully loaded with XBMC and all the usual Apps you'd want.
    All of a sudden one day,its as if the thing was just reset. Everything wiped off it.
    XBMC is still on it but no links/apps.
    No clue how to get them back.

Anyone know what happened or how i can go about restoring all that i had on it?

Sounds like it could've auto updated to Kodi 15. Did you accept any recent updates on the box?

If an update is carried out to XBMC, it'll update to Kodi 15 resulting in your running config. being removed from XBMC and placed into Kodi. At least that is what happened with mine during a recent update. Have you an icon for Kodi on the box? The XMBC one remains, even though it is 'empty' once opened up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Best to do a full reset to factory settings,that'll wipe any crap off the box.If XBMC is preloaded,it'll still be on the box after the reset.Use this site to pick and choose what Repo's and Add-ons you want to install,it's easy to follow and you'll learn a bit along the way. https://seo-michael.co.uk/

Once you have XBMC(kodi) configured to your liking then install the back-up add on from the KODI Repo and copy your set up to a flash drive in case you need to re-install it again.

Some of the other Android apps can't be discussed here so I'll PM you.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Or you could add a build onto it, the works already done. You can always add more if you need

Advertisement