Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a bus from GMIT to Eyre Square and back again - help!

Options
  • 21-08-2015 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1425472881-409.pdf

So tomorrow will be my first time getting a bus from GMIT to Eyre Square and back again. The timetable (409 bus) is confusing me so I was just wondering if someone could break it down for me :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

I think that during daytime hours, until 7pm there is supposed to be a bus every 15 minutes. I think that's from something like 7am. Whether they turn up or not is a different thing.
    GMIT is also accessible from the 403 which stops just up the styreet from the non Dublin rd entrance I think, or possibly just up the Castlepark road , also the 405 though that is more of a walk and the 402 which does go to the same stops as the 409 but also takes a longer detour through Renmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,685 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Stevolende wrote: »
    I think that during daytime hours, until 7pm there is supposed to be a bus every 15 minutes. I think that's from something like 7am. Whether they turn up or not is a different thing

Spot on. And every 1/2 hour from 7pm = 11:30pm. The vast majority turn up on time.

Stevolende wrote: »
    GMIT is also accessible from the 403 which stops just up the styreet from the non Dublin rd entrance I think, or possibly just up the Castlepark road , also the 405 though that is more of a walk and the 402 which does go to the same stops as the 409 but also takes a longer detour through Renmore.

Ahh, you've got the numbers mixed up, and some of them need names too because the same number goes out west too.

403 goes close-ish to the north entrance on Ballybane Rd
    405 - Ballybane goes closer to the same entrance, runs every 20 minutes, and comes thru from Rahoon / Upper Knocknacarra / Newcastle

402 - Merlin Park - as above does a massive loop thru Renmore, runs every 20? minutes, and comes thru from Lower Knocknacarra / Taylors Hill

Also 410 - Oranmore uses the same stop as 409 and 402, but only runs once an hour and is to/from the bus staiton instead of Eyre Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Suprised no one has told you you should walk/cycle it and meet people.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Spot on. And every 1/2 hour from 7pm = 11:30pm. The vast majority turn up on time.

Ahh, you've got the numbers mixed up, and some of them need names too because the same number goes out west too.
    I didn't get the bus numbers confused, the 403 goes the way I said it did, I thought the 405 had changed its route since it goes into the Industrial park now doesn't it? I haven't been around that Ballybane road side of that college in a while so I couldn't remember exactly where the bus stops were.
    Does the 405 come through on the road from the Mervue church and then turn up the Ballybane road towards that way into the Industrial estate? I know it goes down the crossroads that has what was the Fas centre before heading into Mervue before that.
    403 continues around the Monivea rd then turns down the Ballybane rd before heading up into Castlepark. I know there's a stop on the Ballybane rd a bit up in the direction of the shopping centre but not sure about after that so not sure which would be closest to the campus.
    But both of those are easy walking distance anyway, if coming from the centre of town
    403 goes close-ish to the north entrance on Ballybane Rd
    405 - Ballybane goes closer to the same entrance, runs every 20 minutes, and comes thru from Rahoon / Upper Knocknacarra / Newcastle

402 - Merlin Park - as above does a massive loop thru Renmore, runs every 20? minutes, and comes thru from Lower Knocknacarra / Taylors Hill

Also 410 - Oranmore uses the same stop as 409 and 402, but only runs once an hour and is to/from the bus staiton instead of Eyre Square.

Advertisement