Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 month old...only 6 teeth...

Options
  • 21-08-2015 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi all
    My Lo is 20 months and only has 6 teeth. She only cut her first tooth at 14 months.
    She has a few different health issues; reflux, cows milk protein and soya intolerance, a few different food issues and is a terrible eater (and a worse sleeper-we've yet to have a full nights sleep)
    Is this cause for concern? I can't help but worry when I see other kids in her crÃ႒¨che of the same age with full mouths of teeth.
    I mentioned it to her paedaetrician, she said as long as she had 8 teeth by the time she's 2 then she's ok...and dvd fact that she is cutting teeth, albeit very slowly, is ok...there's absolutely no sign of any more coming through.
    Should I see a paedaetric dentist? (Is there such a thing?!) she absolutely freaks out at doctors etc so I couldn't imagine her letting a dentist look in her mouth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Unreg0909

Thanks by the way for reading :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

My son of a similar age is slow to cut teeth too, but he's getting there! I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just make sure you're getting her in good habits of brushing them (even if there's not much there to brush!) I actually kind of see it as a good thing - the slower they grow, the less they're being exposed to any sugary foods or drinks etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Nothing to worry about, all children get them differently. Both my girls got their teeth at completely different rates. One had a head full of teeth at 18 months (was born with teeth erupted), but was bald as a coot. The other has loads of hair but hardly any teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Unreg0909

Thanks folks x

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would not worry too much.
    Mine all got them at different stages.
    The 15 month only had 2 teeth until 2/3 weeks ago and now has 12.
    Also suffered from reflux and lactose intolerance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement