Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nails Mahony leaves Q107 Toronto

Options
  • 20-08-2015 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Looks like Nails Mahony has been laid off in a string of cut backs at Corus Radio group. The lay-offs included former Games Master Host Dominik Diamond.

Really sad news I thought he had settled in well on that station.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,236 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

No way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Steve King

Has anyone got a source or a link to confirm this or is it just a rumour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Steve King wrote: »
    Has anyone got a source or a link to confirm this or is it just a rumour?
    http://www.torontomike.com/2015/07/another_round_of_radio_layoffs_at.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Steve King

Thats a big cull indeed. Nails deserves SO much better than the treatment he's got in radio over the past few years.

Lets hope the next station he lands in know what kind of an asset they have in his talents. With a bit of luck he might even come home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭StreetLight

For me, one of the best pieces of Irish radio was the recent trial DAB station All 80s with Nails Mahoney and Dusty Rhodes during weekdays. I'd love to see something like that happening here again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I have old tape recordings from the 80s I used to love his "bee bop Gold" 60's show every Sunday on "Sunshine 101"

Great to hear Nails Mahoney back on de wireless. Currently on East Coast FM filling in for Tommy Greene. You cant keep a good man down! Think positive and look forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

bbability wrote: »
    Great to hear Nails Mahoney back on de wireless. Currently on East Coast FM filling in for Tommy Greene. You cant keep a good man down! Think positive and look forward.

What name is he using ?,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Nails Mahoney is filling in for Mike Moloney on Nova now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Nails Mahoney is filling in for Mike Moloney on Nova now.

I wonder why he ever changed his name to Brian McColl ? afaik it wasn't his real name either.

• Advertisement

I wonder why he ever changed his name to Brian McColl ? afaik it wasn't his real name either.

What's his name got to do with anything? He's a talented broadcaster. Deserves a permanent slot somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭chilloutrelax

Heard him on 98fm this afternoon as Nails Mahoney..he was on Nova this week also. Interesting cross over. Also find it strange that he uses that name on 98 as he was Brian McColl when he left them a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Chatting to somebody the other day and the name of Nails came into a discussion on who is possibly doing breakfasts on Christmas FM this year. If it comes to then it's a big plus for the annual temp.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭chilloutrelax

Heard him on Dublin's Q102 this evening. Since he's been back I've heard him quite a few stations.

Wonder if it's a permanent thing?..

Advertisement