Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When paid by TCD?

Options
  • 20-08-2015 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

I did some one off work for a teacher in TCD, anyone know when you get paid? I was told 1st of 20th of the month. Not sure if takes a few days to go through or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

If it was casual one-off work, it'll depend when your contact put in the pay claim paperwork. If it wasn't in in time, it wouldn't have made this month's payroll deadline (assuming casual pay is also paid on 20th). Either way, it'll depend on when the form went in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 tiro

I think the cut-off for getting your form in is the 6th of the month. If you got it in before then you should be paid on the 20th. Otherwise you will be paid next month I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

It was put in before the 6th, just wondered does it take a few days maybe depending on your bank to show up in the account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

Normally people who are paid on a regular basis receive payments on the 20th. Everyone else is the 30th. If either of the dates fall on the weekend then you receive it the friday beforehand.

Ah that makes sense, my teacher said it would be 20th, but it's probably when she is paid.
    I'm just getting the one off payment, I don't want to annoy the office if I can help it.

• Advertisement

Uni social charge, it was a big hit i wasn't expecting, if we work not a lot can we claim that back at end of the year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 tiro

Yes, if your income is below a certain threshold you can claim back USC.

Advertisement