Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Ever Wedding

Options
  • 20-08-2015 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi,

Just finished my first wedding as photographer last Friday / Saturday. No previous experience, only shot two wedding videos before. Don't have a full frame camera.

Any thoughts or feedback before I hand over to the bridge and groom? Would love a second/ third eyes

20679303532_c12a802973_c.jpg
    20067562703_ca46111144_c.jpg
    20501120550_9c15112321_c.jpg
    20503165049_b8b80dd8eb_c.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Maybe it's just my own preference or taste but I wonder how the aisle photo would look with a straight horizon

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Congrats, first wedding is a massive step - I'd certainly be interested in seeing more.
    The fall off from the shadow on the brides face is too much for me in #1,I would have angled her head more towards the light.
    Easy for me to say, sat here looking at it, when you're doing it live it's a different story.

Certainly be very interested to see more and especially like to hear how you found the overall experience (from your first wedding point of view)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭dinneenp

would like to see some more too, really like these. Agree about the face in photo 1 though. Great vibrant colours in the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭pwllor

Good job!
    On the first one the right side of her face is too dark in my opinion.
    Also try to keep consistence between the photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Well done, they will be delighted with the photos I am sure. Will you be giving them prints rather than a disc of files. Prints are better of course because you have control of the printing process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Congrats on the first wedding shoot, my comment is the same as the others as to the contrast of light on the Bride's face. Did you try going in close and adjusting it using the dodge tool? Should be an easy enough fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭stevephoto

Thanks. As it was purely my first I didnt charge them, and as such won't be doing prints. I do however plan to put all images on a customizable USB key that will be pretty impressive. I've dodged her face to make it a little more apparent.

Advertisement