Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Coil with a Stanley Stove

Options
  • 20-08-2015 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all - a quick stove and plumbing query - Is it correct that I would need a Dual/Double Coil Cylinder when I have a Stove and Central Heating - Got Stove installed over 2 years ago now have a different plumber working on Bathroom fixtures today and he just questioned the Hot press and said that it is all wrong as in all we have is a single coil, valves in wrong place, pipe connections on wrong side etc - is this correct should the plumber who installed the stove put in a dual coil straight up before anything else was done? and if this is the case do I try and go back to the original plumber (Who obviously installed everything wrong) and get him to rectify the issue or just get new plumber (Currently working house) to get me a cost on fixing everything to the way it should be? Previous Plumber was hard to get at the best of times and just wonder should I bother trying to get him to fix his original mistakes as a lot of time has passed (Job was done by cash and cheaper - yes I've learnt my lesson if cost to good to be true...) - I have posted question here before about the stove and the rads since the installation of the stove sometimes hot water sometimes not, sometimes rads hot sometimes not and need to continually bleed rads so obviously something is wrong and new guy is not just looking for a job! Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,744 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

BluefishJD wrote: »
    Hi all - a quick stove and plumbing query - Is it correct that I would need a Dual/Double Coil Cylinder when I have a Stove and Central Heating - Got Stove installed over 2 years ago now have a different plumber working on Bathroom fixtures today and he just questioned the Hot press and said that it is all wrong as in all we have is a single coil, valves in wrong place, pipe connections on wrong side etc - is this correct should the plumber who installed the stove put in a dual coil straight up before anything else was done? and if this is the case do I try and go back to the original plumber (Who obviously installed everything wrong) and get him to rectify the issue or just get new plumber (Currently working house) to get me a cost on fixing everything to the way it should be? Previous Plumber was hard to get at the best of times and just wonder should I bother trying to get him to fix his original mistakes as a lot of time has passed (Job was done by cash and cheaper - yes I've learnt my lesson if cost to good to be true...) - I have posted question here before about the stove and the rads since the installation of the stove sometimes hot water sometimes not, sometimes rads hot sometimes not and need to continually bleed rads so obviously something is wrong and new guy is not just looking for a job! Any advice is appreciated.

Try post a picture of the hotpress pipe work. And yes, if you've more than one heating appliance then you need 2 coils. Does the oil and solid fuel both heat the cylinder?

Advertisement