Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Value <5inch Android with a good Battery?

Options
  • 19-08-2015 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭

As the title asks, what are the recommendations? I had an original Moto G, which was perfect other than the fairly rubbish camera, lost it and have been using an Elephone p6000 since, not a bad phone but its just physically too big (5inch screen not too bad other than the screen to body ratio isnt great), the phone size just not my thing, also battery life and wifi range aren't great. Would prefer to go back to something with likes of a 4.5inch screen, maybe bigger if the phone itself isnt too big. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Try either the Xiaomi Redmi 1s or Redmi 2. That ticks all of the boxes for you I'd say. Similar to the Moto G but better spec in many areas, including the camera. Available around the €150-€200 mark depending on where you buy it from. If you do happen to go with the Redmi 2 make sure you get the 1gb RAM model, reason being is the 2gb RAM model does not support some of our bandwidths over here so your coverage would be limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/alcatel-idol-3-dark-grey-8gb-unlocked-sim-free-6039y-2aalgb7/version.asp#top

This looks like a nice phone, bit more than moto g or xiaomi, anyone any reviews on them?

Advertisement