Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Validation on social media?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

We don't live in any sort of utopia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Craving social validation is not a modern phenomenon. It's been around forever and will always be around. Those who crave it the most will often put it above doing the right thing.

I'm not sure what social validation has to do with the video you posted though... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

DareGod wrote: »
    Craving social validation is not a modern phenomenon. It's been around forever and will always be around. Those who crave it the most will often put it above doing the right thing.

I'm not sure what social validation has to do with the video you posted though... ?

Well because the 'audience' are more interested in recording it on their phone & uploading it presumably for attention than they are at actually stopping that girl from harming the other. I thought it was clear in my OP. Perhaps not.

Craving social validation in a negative light then. Although I suppose it's true - negative attention is better than no attention. I should know that from the classroom!

Edited to add: I think I WAS pretty clear about what social validation has to do with things in my first sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

LOVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

LOVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Before social media you would have just been asking:
    Is sticking with your mates and not wanting to be called a grass more important than doing the right thing?

Social media is really not the problem. There have always been arseholes that found excuses not to do the right thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

Is getting 'likes', approval and comments on social media more important than doing the right thing?

Not all people are nice...

serial killers
    rapists
    child pedo's

life is a *****d up thing....

some/most people are cu*ts, but that makes the goods ones count more.

You know boards is "Social Media"....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Please thank this post.. I need it...

Please thank this post.. I need it...

happy.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

serial killers
    rapists
    child pedo's
    :eek:

Are these a thing now? I hope they don't start hanging around schools - they'll just blend in and we'll never be able to tell until it's too late.

• Advertisement

El Weirdo wrote: »

Are these a thing now? I hope they don't start hanging around schools - they'll just blend in and we'll never be able to tell until it's too late.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

El Weirdo wrote: »

That could really be a skit on 'The Savage Eye'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Not all people are nice...

serial killers
    rapists
    child pedo's

life is a *****d up thing....

some/most people are cu*ts, but that makes the goods ones count more.

You know boards is "Social Media"....
    Nyeh. Is it really? I have an alias with no photo, as do you. Hardly social.

More like a load of nameless faceless people waffling on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Like this if you hate the Devil and love Jesus.

By not liking this you're showing you don't love Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

KungPao wrote: »

It's a media, internet message board. Tick.

It's social, as in we are interacting. Tick.

So, yeah.

And some people prize their on line profiles. What 40 year old truck driver sitting in his stale underwear doesn't?

KungPao wrote: »

It's not open like facebook but its still social and its a media.

+1 for the waffling...

Advertisement