Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI - Self Employed Accounts Query

Options
  • 19-08-2015 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Susi have asked for a set of accounts from my fathers business, he was self employed but the business shut down last year after receiving no income.
    I have quoted our accountant and he's looking for several hundred to complete the accounts.
    Overall there was a loss and i can't afford to pay the accountant to get them done, my father is also unable to do them after having a stroke last year and is unable to work anymore.

I have a Self Assessment Statement for 2014 and have previously submitted the F11 to the revenue for 2014 but i know that Susi don't accept that.

What else would i need to submit to Susi in order to satisfy what they're asking for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

You can submit a Cessation of Trading from Revenue if the business is no longer trading as a change of circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Anonamousse

Sup08 wrote: »
    You can submit a Cessation of Trading from Revenue if the business is no longer trading as a change of circumstances.

Thank you for the reply, trying to figure this out on my own is a nightmare.
    The business hasn't traded since 2013 but he was technically still self-employed last year and still is. The figures for last year would be 0.

If i submitted a cessation for trading would that be able to be dated from 2013 or will it only be from present?

Thank you for the reply, trying to figure this out on my own is a nightmare.
    The business hasn't traded since 2013 but he was technically still self-employed last year and still is. The figures for last year would be 0.

If i submitted a cessation for trading would that be able to be dated from 2013 or will it only be from present?

It would be dated from when ever the business stopped trading, has your father de-registered?

It would be dated from when ever the business stopped trading, has your father de-registered?

He said that he doesn't want to officially close the business so I definitely can't submit a cessation of trading.

He said that he doesn't want to officially close the business so I definitely can't submit a cessation of trading.

Unfortunately he will then have to do his own accounts or have them done by an accountant for submission to SUSI along with the Notice of Assessment from Revenue.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately he will then have to do his own accounts or have them done by an accountant for submission to SUSI along with the Notice of Assessment from Revenue.

He's not able to do them and we can't afford an accountant so i'm left with them. Is there a way of learning how to do them? I've googled it but there really aren't any solid examples.

He's not able to do them and we can't afford an accountant so i'm left with them. Is there a way of learning how to do them? I've googled it but there really aren't any solid examples.

You can google it and try find some examples like this here

Thank you i'll give it a shot.

Thank you i'll give it a shot.

Best wishes and success in you submission.

Advertisement