Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fashionable & durable runners?

Options
  • 19-08-2015 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hello!

I'm starting college in September and I need a good pair of runners as I'll be walking a lot. I bought the Reebok Princess from ASOS recently, they looked really good and were really comfortable, but unfortunately two weeks later I noticed that the inner lining was beginning to come off a bit so I had to send them back. (not sure if I'll even get a refund considering they were obviously worn..)

I'm happy to invest in a good pair if I know they'll last. What I don't want to do is buy a really expensive pair that will fall apart after a few months anyway.

I like the look of New Balance runners and also the Nike Air Max Thea (http://www.jdsports.ie/029699/029699-air-max-thea). Does anyone know if they're durable? Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

If it's just for walking, I bought a pair of slip-ons from Sketcher a few weeks back and they're great. Lovely and comfy, very casual, can wear with loads of my clothes including some skirts (although I do keep flats in my office to change into if needs be).

The only downside is they are not waterproof, which will be a problem coming into winter. Or today, as happened to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I love sketchers go walk! Can't tell how durable they are but they're very comfy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Another vote for Skechers go walk, I work in retail so I'm on my feet all day, they're great. I've had my pair a few months now and they're still going strong, I imagine I'll get a lot longer out of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jacobwrench97

Hi, I know this is about runners, but I was wondering would anybody wear lloyds to college? I got them from top an, but I can't post a link here

Advertisement