Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not sure how to approach the situation

Options
  • 19-08-2015 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi all,

Would appreciate any advice on this topic.
    So a few summers ago, I met a German girl on a beach in Spiddal, we ended up spending the best part of the night together on her last night in Galway (I'm from Galway), and a few days later, I ended up going up to Dublin for a day to see her on her last day in Ireland. Just for perspective, I'm 20 now. At the time I think I was 17.

Recently saw a status she uploaded to Facebook mentioning that she was in Cork at the moment. Later that day that post was removed.

Now, I would love to contact her and meet up but I am under the impression that she isn't bothered considering she's in Ireland and didn't contact me.

Would it be fine if I were to contact her and see if she wanted to meet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

I see no harm in making contact but if she ignores your message or gives an excuse not to get together don't take it to heart. It's been three years after all and you didn't spend all that much time together to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

She's not bothered pal...Irelands a small country and she knows that. She would of made contact to see you if she was.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    She's not bothered pal...Irelands a small country and she knows that. She would of made contact to see you if she was.

At the same time there's no harm in asking, she might just be too shy to contact him herself!

Go for it OP, you've nothing to lose - just don't be too bothered if she says No

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Banaba

You only live once and you wont know until you try, your not going to loose anything by asking so go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Nothing at all to lose by contacting her.

Best case scenario, you get to meet her and something may happen. Or you might just hit it off amicably, who knows.

Worst case scenario, she says no or doesn't respond. But at least you won't spend time wondering 'what if'. If she says no or doesn't respond, at least you'll know and you can forget about it. But what will you have lost by asking? Nothing.

Go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Go for it.She mayhave put that post up to get your attention.

At worst she will make up an excuse or not want to meet,better that than to live in 'what if' world.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dara_con

Appreciate all the help everyone. Ended up messaging her on FB. But no reply! It was worth a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

dara_con wrote: »
    Appreciate all the help everyone. Ended up messaging her on FB. But no reply! It was worth a try!

Ah well, at least you went for it and weren't left wondering 'what if'...

Fair play to you, sorry she didn't PM back, her loss!!

At least you tried, if you didn't you would always be kicking yourself look at it that way

Sorry to hear that OP was always going to happen though.

Don't want this to sound harsh but stop being a desperado and instead focus on women who give you clear signs of wanting to meet up aka at least some form of communication.

• Advertisement

Don't want this to sound harsh but stop being a desperado and instead focus on women who give you clear signs of wanting to meet up aka at least some form of communication.

Don't mind this nonsense OP, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'd have done the exact same!

At least you know :)

I would have done the same aswell OP so dont mind MayoSalmon. Have a good weekend

Thanks for all the positive feedback. She replied there this morning, nearly 2 days later :P You too Banaba.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

dara_con wrote: »
    Thanks for all the positive feedback. She replied there this morning, nearly 2 days later :P You too Banaba.

Aw that's lovely! Hope you get to meet up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Which women are those? Very few in my experience. Women are the masters of not being clear about what they want and then blaming you when you can't read their mind.

professore wrote: »
    Which women are those? Very few in my experience. Women are the masters of not being clear about what they want and then blaming you when you can't read their mind.

I agree xD

Im a woman and can 100% agree. Even when we do know what we want we are still not sure haha

professore wrote: »

Well maybe there aren't but stalking womens moments on FB would seem a little creepy to me no?!

Well maybe there aren't but stalking womens moments on FB would seem a little creepy to me no?!

Who said anything about stalking?

Ah come on, the OP wasn't stalking the girl. The girl publicly posted that she was in Galway on her Facebook, which is visible to all her friends (which the OP is); it's not like the OP hacked her voicemail :rolleyes: If she didn't want people knowing she was there, it wouldn't have been posted to FB in the first place!

Plenty of times, I've checked in down the country and random facebook friends have contacted me seeing if I was about.

Very normal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

Ah come on, the OP wasn't stalking the girl. The girl publicly posted that she was in Galway on her Facebook, which is visible to all her friends (which the OP is); it's not like the OP hacked her voicemail :rolleyes: If she didn't want people knowing she was there, it wouldn't have been posted to FB in the first place!

Plenty of times, I've checked in down the country and random facebook friends have contacted me seeing if I was about.

Very normal.

Well said. The stalking comment was cruel and unnecessary.

Okay its not stalking but its defo creeping, either way she actually wrote back so I was wrong. I might have to get my creep on in future!

Okay its not stalking but its defo creeping, either way she actually wrote back so I was wrong. I might have to get my creep on in future!

Its not creeping either. It's noticing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,558 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Seeing something on your Facebook timeline isn't creeping.

Isnt that one of the main aims of Facebook, to see what is going on in your friends/acquaintences lives?

I wasn't creeping, I wasn't even in her profile, it was on my news feed. That's pretty much what facebook is for is it not?

Yes dara_con it is! well thats what I use it for anyway lol

Advertisement