Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question to Current Students

• 18-08-2015 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there.

My dream course is Psychology, but I knew I wouldn't get over 500 points unfortunately so my chance of studying it is through MH101 then transferring into Psychology by hopefully ranking in the top 30.
    I personally know nobody at Maynooth let alone anyone who has done this successfully or at all. I was wondering if anyone who started studying Arts then transferred to Psychology would mind sharing their experience in as much detail as they want. Is it incredibly difficult? Are those who study Psychology as one of their art subjects all determined to do the same as me (using it as a gateway to a Psychology degree)? Is it extremely competitive? Is there a chance when I go the Psychology class would be filled and I won't have to study it at all (since compared to Universities such as UCD, Maynooth haven't asked me which art subjects I'll be interested in)?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭miissjuly

maratatia wrote: »
    Hi there.

My dream course is Psychology, but I knew I wouldn't get over 500 points unfortunately so my chance of studying it is through MH101 then transferring into Psychology by hopefully ranking in the top 30.
    I personally know nobody at Maynooth let alone anyone who has done this successfully or at all. I was wondering if anyone who started studying Arts then transferred to Psychology would mind sharing their experience in as much detail as they want. Is it incredibly difficult? Are those who study Psychology as one of their art subjects all determined to do the same as me (using it as a gateway to a Psychology degree)? Is it extremely competitive? Is there a chance when I go the Psychology class would be filled and I won't have to study it at all (since compared to Universities such as UCD, Maynooth haven't asked me which art subjects I'll be interested in)?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies. :D

No not everyone who takes psychogy in Arts want to keep it on (transfer to MH106 after 1st year) that being said it is very competitive and at the same time doable if you are focused. You need 2.1 (over 60%) which isn't too bad if you're constantly working towards it. Though many don't get it in second year so you should pick other two subjects carefully. If you are going that route do not take it lightly many end up disappointed and some even change courses!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maratatia

miissjuly wrote: »
    No not everyone who takes psychogy in Arts want to keep it on (transfer to MH106 after 1st year) that being said it is very competitive and at the same time doable if you are focused. You need 2.1 (over 60%) which isn't too bad if you're constantly working towards it. Though many don't get it in second year so you should pick other two subjects carefully. If you are going that route do not take it lightly many end up disappointed and some even change courses!

Thank you for the reply, it clears some things up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Not everyone wants it. I did it and had no intention of continuing in second year.

Choose your other subjects carefully as you may choose not to follow through with psychology.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maratatia

Not everyone wants it. I did it and had no intention of continuing in second year.

Choose your other subjects carefully as you may choose not to follow through with psychology.

Thank you very much, I will do so :)

Advertisement