Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to quit FETAC course/start diff FETAC course?

Options
  • 18-08-2015 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I have started a FETAC level 4 course but 6 weeks in it is clear that the course is pitched too far below my needs and abilities. I am getting paid a training allowance by the centre (thru FAS/Intreo I guess).

I want to quit the course but I dont know the mechanism. Resignation letter?

BUT I want to start a FETAC level 5 in the same subject in the next town close by. Do I quit first and sign on and apply for the other course? Or can I "transfer" in some way??

Any advice gratefully received,
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

earthsoul wrote: »
    Hi,

I have started a FETAC level 4 course but 6 weeks in it is clear that the course is pitched too far below my needs and abilities. I am getting paid a training allowance by the centre (thru FAS/Intreo I guess).

I want to quit the course but I dont know the mechanism. Resignation letter?

BUT I want to start a FETAC level 5 in the same subject in the next town close by. Do I quit first and sign on and apply for the other course? Or can I "transfer" in some way??

Any advice gratefully received,
    Talk to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 earthsoul

Well, yes :)

But if it isnt possible to change over or transfer, I will have told my tutors that Im unhappy but we will have to remain staring at each other for 2 years. Those polytunnells could get a lot warmer with mutual awkwardness..

Well, yes :)

But if it isnt possible to change over or transfer, I will have told my tutors that Im unhappy but we will have to remain staring at each other for 2 years. Those polytunnells could get a lot warmer with mutual awkwardness..

Fair point. But surely you're not going to stick at it for another two years if you're unhappy.

I teach in FE. Teachers and tutors only want what's best for the student, they won't take it personally if you talk to them and explain why you're not happy on the course. I know it can be awkward, but I would talk to them. Seriously. At least it's out in the open, and they aren't wondering why you're acting strangely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 earthsoul

That last line, LOL :)

That last line, LOL :)

Ok, out in the open IN A POLYTUNNEL... :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement