Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st birthday present

Options
  • 18-08-2015 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Hi, quick question .My friends first baby will be 1 this week and I want to get something small. It's a girl and can't really afford more than €20. Would I get anything fairly nice for that? Recommendations welcome, thanks xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

A book or a toy...mmm mother care have nice stuff by age for that kind of money.

Mine got books and is still having them read 18 months later

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Duplo.
    I love the counting train.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I think a book is a nice small gift. For a toy, stacking cups were an obsession of my sons at that age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

I got my niece a "lost my name" book.
    It's a lovely personalised book with the name of the child in the story.. my sister loved it and is keeping it up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

+1 for duplo, never to early to get them hooked on Lego! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

My daughter got this as a present when she was one and now nearly six still sleeps with it everynight!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The kid's only one. Has no idea what a birthday is. Buy a nice bottle of wine for the knackered parents.

Make silly faces at the one year old. They love that. Best present ever.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

at that age the kid will probably spend more time playing with the wrapping paper or the box the present came in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

endacl wrote: »
    The kid's only one. Has no idea what a birthday is. Buy a nice bottle of wine for the knackered parents.

Make silly faces at the one year old. They love that. Best present ever.

This is a good gift :D

My daughter turned 1 last month, as a small side-gift we got her this from TKMaxx, it's a "book" that contains 9 mini-books inside it, and my goodness, she cannot get enough of them. Taking them out, putting them in, getting us to read them. Her "big" presents have largely gone unused :pac: and this only cost us about a fiver!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTz1gEfnM6JYzSYy_8KP7qqQ57dc6FiTiwdAhFjIT1x_aL3TYTx

TKMaxx generally have a good selection of cheap childrens books.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

we had that box of books too,got it in Marks and spencers outs let shop.

It was brilliant,they used to use the books as block and build with them.
    They lasted until child 3 and then had to go in the bin due to sheer use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

notonthehighstreet.com have some great (and cheap) ideas for presents

Advertisement