Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlelawn Heights

Options
  • 18-08-2015 12:06pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Thinking of buying in this estate, I live nearby in Dun na Coiribe, so like the general area as it's convenient for work, town, shopping etc.

It looks a bit run down in parts but can anyone tell me is it an OK area? Is it quiet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Has always been grand down the years, one of the quieter parts of the Headford Rd area.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Eire007

Hi El_Dangeroso,

The estate for the most part is great. There are a few settled travellers, but they are fine. The residents keep some of the green areas in good nick. Some houses are rented to students. The estate is good because its very close to town and Ben is right in saying that it is one of the quieter ones on the headford road. It would be better for the area if you moved in and not students :)

There have been some burglaries recently in the estate - I count 5 in the last month. Probably all to do with the guys that frequent this place

ht_tp://i.imgur.com/NGMdQNc.png remove the underscore... it appears I'm a new user...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Eire007 wrote: »
    Hi El_Dangeroso,

The estate for the most part is great. There are a few settled travellers, but they are fine. The residents keep some of the green areas in good nick. Some houses are rented to students. The estate is good because its very close to town and Ben is right in saying that it is one of the quieter ones on the headford road. It would be better for the area if you moved in and not students :)

There have been some burglaries recently in the estate - I count 5 in the last month. Probably all to do with the guys that frequent this place

ht_tp://i.imgur.com/NGMdQNc.png remove the underscore... it appears I'm a new user...

Yikes! :eek: Ok, might give it a miss so.. thanks for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Eire007

I count 5 in the last month.
    This was meant to be 5 in the last 6 months.

I've been living there a little over a year and a half and had absolutely no trouble, generally it's a very quiet estate with absolutely no hassle. I live near the back and our neighbours are a mix of families and a few students and there's no hassle with anyone, in fact on quite a few occasion we've had neighbours looking out for us and letting us know when someone odd was around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 samuelj

we have lived there for ten years and never had one problem, all the neighbours are really nice and the kids play on the street and the green areas with no problems.

the location is great and you can walk into shop street in less than 20 mins down the dyke road. The house prices are rising quickly as is the demand for family homes in the estate. we have had two estate agents asking if we wish to sell in the past six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

ht_tp://i.imgur.com/NGMdQNc.png remove the underscore...

Had family there since the 80's and spend alot of time there. its always been a very nice estate.. Never took note of settled travellers or the house above.

Advertisement