Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Modem has stopped texting

Options
  • 18-08-2015 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

We have a SecureWatch HKC alarm (10 years old ish) and this has a hard wired text modem going to an eircom line. This has previously sent a text when the alarm is activated (with the information on which zone was activated) and a second text when the alarm is deactivated.

A few weeks ago the modem started dialing the phone number that should receive texts rather than sending a message.

We have made no changes to the alarm or our phone line.

Any thoughts on what has gone wrong here? Is there a configuration setting we can enter or any testing we can do?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭_John C

• Registered Users Posts: 4 andymm

Perfect. Many thanks for the quick response.

I have read through the thread but am still pretty confused as to the best way forward. We clearly have some kind of voice dialer (I assume) as when the alarm goes off the nominated mobile gets a call. We have no engineer codes for our system so what ever we decide to do looks like it will be trouble and expense :-(

I guess next move is to make contact with an authorised fitter and see where to go from there. Thanks again for a quick post....great board.

Advertisement