Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interview questions for faccounting possible promotion nervous!

Options
  • 17-08-2015 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi first post but long time lurker on board. Basically an opportunity has come up in work-(fund accounting based) for a managers role, I haven't done an interview in over ten years and even though I have experience under my belt am nervous as to what technical questions they could throw at me. has anyone that has been for interviews at this level? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭thomlin

First of all if you've got experience then you should already have the technical knowledge.

You're going for a managers position then you need to focus on your soft skills.

Communication style, how you handle conflict, your leadership style etc

You can have technical skills and knowledge but unless you can display that you can manage and lead others they aren't going to serve you well at the interview.

Hope this helps :-)

Tom

Advertisement