Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pleasure, but where's the pain? Oh there.

Options
  • 17-08-2015 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭

Finally got my leaf on Friday, a SVE with 6.6 kW charger.

DSC_1002.JPG

Soon after this picture some fella with an i3 pulled next to me, seemed to know a bit about rapid chargers and EVs in general (hi cros13).

Put almost 700 km on the car over the weekend and it really is a nice car to drive. After a practice run of about 140 km we drove from north Kildare to Wexford yesterday, something like just over 300 km in total with 4 rapid charges on the way. On the way back others wanted to show their appreciation on our shiny new motor:

J8brkVmmNMvbQZAFFW-z5nDyXRBdKa3IQBFKsRKnZEZ0=w800-h450-no

I was just wondering where the pain was and there it was right on cue. New window getting installed tomorrow after it arrives from UK.

PS. Leaf is a way noisier without a rear window.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Bigus

Sorry to see that , was it parked ?

Nice colour btw ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

That's upsetting to say the least. What happened and is there a chance of catching them?

Lovely colour by the way. It's the one I wanted but they didn't have it in stock and I was in a rush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Congrats on the car, but Oh no! What happened it? Vandalism on a leaf?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Was good to meet you, samih.

Sorry to hear about the damage. Especially so soon after picking the car up.
    Hopefully after tomorrow you'll be back to enjoying your new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭GreyDad

Lovely car, and that's a real shame. Hope it all gets sorted out quickly for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Shoot!! Sorry to hear that :mad:
    Hope you get sorted...

Excellent, well wear, and the 6.6 Kw charger you will not regret buying, you won't regret buying !!!

Shame about the window, some scum bags out there!

Welcome to the world of electric motoring ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Thanks for your kind words and Autoglass Santry for an efficient repair job on Tuesday. All is fine again.

The break-in happened while we were parked near a well known beach in Co. Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

I totally do not understand the people breaking into cars... What will they get... A phone, a head unit, a jacket... All the hassle for 20-30 quid... Stupid!!
    Glad it's all sorted and you are enjoying the car. You have made a very good choice (won't repeat it as Mad Lad does, but I wish to lol).

Best of luck and may the next hundred godzillion Kms are trouble free :)

peposhi wrote: »
    Glad it's all sorted and you are enjoying the car. You have made a very good choice (won't repeat it as Mad Lad does, but I wish to lol).

:P

• Advertisement

We are up to 1600 km now on Leaf, scary. Got some leaves built on yesterday's drive to Kilkenny and Clonmel via Carlow, starting at 100 percent charge at home in North Kildare.

phKR8HPFpPoXqKJjO369lNS3Hvk5pGQEUrww2IoA35CCgyXsso9Kcek4XiIPcHiHG9yamHg5b-BOCyn7JT9bdZnSinJN5U1oQ30sk6APBDGyBQtUecc2Y_-UEEDBr0erGFlg6h5f1b4GopmWXPvzwPzzjdzRIczwEKL4auHVDmJDEc6i1FHtuOxcKWGlzON4xkwt3QEcQmKfmJoKSTPLj29ZDYN_66yLUfmFXGcJ1cLvv3cc74ZBfXvpVAqPvqjPF_tk5CkBU-zdAnFzuo08TE5kFYEoMtJBPa6bFF8jb7LRmK5q0tW-Oxpy5LZKGx20zzHXz6-bdxJ67Xs74_pxJxp8hK7T6Px0PWKH07o3If4ltv1Fy7ks70msLeg42ueimC3tI3CccsEq9iQigFEv6B3fxwkbC0p3BIz_VX79GeabuXcGaYwyfE3J-WQdw4rbCBHwu64BiUJRUcAlRvMQYbTKIGqUOOqDvYUhscTiBvbhaU4KmXYfq2T-ov3BeGbGqTCRxmE=w800-h450-no

The initial plan was to first charge at Carlow but I was counting on my wife for directions and we ended up at some closed council quick charging point instead of the intended rapid east from town. As the indicated battery range looked fine we decided to drive to Kilkenny instead where we arrived with just 3 percent of battery remaining according to the rapid there. The last 20 km were quite nail biting and had to slow down to indicated 90 on the motorway to make it to Barlo Nissan. Still not bad to make it Home-M50-N81 to Baltinglass-Carlow-Kilkinny with the initial 100% charge. I think it was around 135 km all in.

After that we headed to Clonmel-Cahir-Cashel (2nd Quick charge, where we had to ask an ICE driver to vacate the charger) and finally charged near Kildare town 3rd time before returning back home.

All in all the first two weekends of Leaf have been really good. We only ever had to wait for total of 5 minutes at chargers and twice somebody pulled in after us where they had to wait for about 5 minutes each time for us to finish.

5 Trees? I can hardly get 1 !!! :D

I don't drive it too easy though !

Yeah, the GOM was showing around 5 km to spare for Kilkenny before reverting to --- so took it fairly handy towards the end. It's bit of a climb from Tallagh up N81 so pretty good result for the Leaf to make it all the way to Kilkenny I think.

You should easily have 20 Kms when the remaining % reads --- and possibly more haha.

samih wrote: »
    Yeah, the GOM was showing around 5 km to spare for Kilkenny before reverting to --- so took it fairly handy towards the end. It's bit of a climb from Tallagh up N81 so pretty good result for the Leaf to make it all the way to Kilkenny I think.

How many KM was that to 5 Km remaining ? ad at what speed ?

The average speed was pretty low.I tend to drive at around indicated 85 at 80 zones and 90ish at 100. There was a slow car ahead of us on N81 for a good bit but I did drive at 100 on motorway where possible.

According to the leaf spy we had only around 3 percent remaining. Full bubbles still showed. My battery shows 283 GIDs and 65 odd Ah when fully charged. And I think it was 135 km on odo.

Gotta do the 100% to turtle drive sometime soon to see how the car behaves when the battery is about to die.

If you do that drive to turtle make sure you record the km driven and write it down, that will be the benchmark for future battery capacity tests. That's really the only proper way to do it.

Whatever way you do the test you need to repeat that the next time, same route, speed, weather, same wind, same temps etc.

A brand new battery has 284 GID's mine showed 277 today after a full charge. If I fast charge to 80-85 % over the next day or two that will rise. I must post the result if I have the patience to stop that long on the way home the next 3 mornings.

Advertisement