Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using an OTG USB device with Samsung Galaxy Tab

Options
  • 17-08-2015 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Hi:

I have a Galaxy Tab and wanted to use an OTG to read from a USB stick. Do I have to root the Tab? And more generally - how does one know if a device is OTG enabled? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

wait4me wrote: »
    Hi:

I have a Galaxy Tab and wanted to use an OTG to read from a USB stick. Do I have to root the Tab? And more generally - how does one know if a device is OTG enabled? Thanks

you don't have to root, but you need to download nexus media importer from the playstore, I only used this on nexus devices but I assume it works with all android.when you plug the otg into your device it will tell you its connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

wait4me wrote: »
    Hi:

Which Galaxy Tab?

Use this app to check for OTG capability:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.tauruslabs.usbhostcheck

Advertisement