Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Cabbage Lite gone from Play Store?

Options
  • 16-08-2015 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I just tried to download Irish Cabbage Lite texting app there but the link to the Play Store says No Item Found. Were they blocked? The Cabbage Website says nothing about it. Anyone know the story?

Is there a working apk that can be downloaded?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Honest question: why still use web texts?! Surely Hangouts (Google Talk), Facebook Messenger, Skype, Viber and Whatsapp etc etc etc make cabbage and the use of web texts completely redundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I have 54966 texts left (this month) on my basic Vodafone (€35 p/m) package.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Mr E wrote: »
    I have 54966 texts left (this month) on my basic Vodafone (€35 p/m) package.

I only pay 10 pm and I've no limit on texts.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

Try Irish Web texts. Same as gabbage

Should've mentioned in my post the amount of almost unlimited or proper unlimited plans and offers out there too! :P

• Advertisement

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Honest question: why still use web texts?! Surely Hangouts (Google Talk), Facebook Messenger, Skype, Viber and Whatsapp etc etc etc make cabbage and the use of web texts completely redundant.

Because there are many people out there too like my parents that don't have smartphones and people that also don't use data on their smartphones lol

Because there are many people out there too like my parents that don't have smartphones and people that also don't use data on their smartphones lol

Well seeing as we're on the on android devices forum discussing the cabbage app your first point doesn't apply, and the data used by these apps is negligible imo, if people are concerned about the phone using data in other regards while it's on they should educate themselves the controls and setting regards updates etc.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Well seeing as we're on the on android devices forum discussing the cabbage app your first point doesn't apply, and the data used by these apps is negligible imo, if people are concerned about the phone using data in other regards while it's on they should educate themselves the controls and setting regards updates etc.

My first point does apply. I agree with you with web texts and all the Messanger apps 100%. Just that I also have to use texts from time to time because they don't use apps or they're not online 100% of the time and I need to talk/text straight away. There's probably a generation gap as well when it comes to texting.

Advertisement