Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remington 700 VTR .223

Options
  • 16-08-2015 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

Anybody got an opion on the 700 VTR .233 1-9 twist

Looking at maybe picking up a second-hand one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

We have one as a club gun for noobs to shoot. VERY accurate even with the shorter [20"] barrel, especially with the 75gr FMJs from somebody or other and therefore a great confidence builder for those coming to centrefire for the first time. It even has a good trigger, too. No moderator though - we like to hear a good bang.

No bad points, really, that I can think of.

Thing about the 700-series is that there is a whale of after-market stuff that you can do to it - stocks and so on.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭German pointer

thanks for that but it's kind of a moot point for me now as I bought a 700 VLS with 26" barrel last night

Enjoy!

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭steyrman

Not a bad gun but not a patch on your old tikka tactical the few extras like adjustable cheek piece detached mag and picatinny rail

I never criticise anybody's choice of a rifle or shotgun - we each buy what it is we think than we want or the best that we can afford. Sometimes these two facets are mutually incompatible, and then we make do.

tac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭German pointer

I was sorry I sold the T3 Tac but only did so to fund a T3 Varmint Stainless in .270 to use as a dual purpose but am missing the .223

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭steyrman

tac foley wrote: »
    I never criticise anybody's choice of a rifle or shotgun - we each buy what it is we think than we want or the best that we can afford. Sometimes these two facets are mutually incompatible, and then we make do.

tac

Hi tac I would not criticise anyone body's choice in firearms but when you have had a very good rifle with all the extras on it no matter what you buy you will compare it to what you have .
    It's the same difference when you start out on a budget and progress up you take it for granted I have done this my self in the last few months changing things around my main foxing gun is a remingtion with a small bit of custom work done at this moment in time it fits all my needs
    I also had a tikka tactical and sold it so I know and understand about people's needs

Advertisement