Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend your double buggy

Options
  • 16-08-2015 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

I've been considering double buggies lately and think I will most likely go for an out-n-about nipper - my only concern is that the seats may not be upright enough for my toddler. Other options are the mountain buggy duet and the city mini double however these are more expensive. Has anyone tried these out and got any recommendations? I want something as lightweight and easy to push as possible as I live in a very hilly area and it's hard work pushing a single around much less a double!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Love city select jogger as it converts back to a single

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

bp wrote: »
    Love city select jogger as it converts back to a single

Thanks - I have a single which I'll keep for the moment. My neighbour had the city select and sold it on after a couple of months as she found it too heavy to push up the hills around here so I've pretty much ruled it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Its heavy alright when the older child in in the front

bp wrote: »
    Its heavy alright when the older child in in the front

Thanks for the input anyway bp. I've loads of time to figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

We have the phil and ted navigator that will be converting to a double in November. We love it. It's heavy to lift into a boot, but super easy to push and maneuver I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

We have the bugaboo donkey. Really like it. Got it 2nd hand thank God cos it's so dear. I would defo recommend it. Light to push with my 2 monsters in it. Same width as a wheelchair so can fit through all shop doors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

City mini double here. AMAZING buggy! We didn't get the out and about for the exact reason you mention. The seats seem to tilt back slightly more in the out and about then the city mini when in the upmost position. My son would've hated that. The city mini seems to go more upright or something. I can't fault the city mini double. Light and so easy to fold. Great all round.

Ps... I thought the city mini double were pretty much the exact same price as the out and about double? I think the gt is more expensive but the original city mini should be around about the same price as the out and about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

I have the new Uppababy Vista and I love it. Really light to push and I also live in a hilly town. I'm currently using it for my 2 year old and newborn. I really like it as newborn can be in a pram and my toddler can be upright which he loves. Thought about for a good bit as it's pricey but it was worth the money in my opinion. Easy to manoeuvre in shops too as it's not side by side.

Thanks Nead - I have the old (as in 1 year old) vista and I love it but the rumble seat just wouldn't work for the amount of walking I do. There's no way I could stretch to a new version!

Sligo thanks for the opinion on the city mini - the out n about is 450 new at the moment and the city mini is 590. To be honest I'd prefer to buy second hand but there are very few city minis available and people look for so much for the out n abouts you'd wonder if it's worth the saving when they're worn and you've no warranty. Is the city mini any good over rougher ground?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Thanks Nead - I have the old (as in 1 year old) vista and I love it but the rumble seat just wouldn't work for the amount of walking I do. There's no way I could stretch to a new version!

yeah the new version works much better as a double than the older one. My friend has the out and about nipper and swears by it. She does a good bit if walking too. She was a bit worried about the recline on the seat but no complaints. Depends on toddler I guess. My son just loves being up straighter and higher than in the single one we has.

Sligo thanks for the opinion on the city mini - the out n about is 450 new at the moment and the city mini is 590. To be honest I'd prefer to buy second hand but there are very few city minis available and people look for so much for the out n abouts you'd wonder if it's worth the saving when they're worn and you've no warranty. Is the city mini any good over rougher ground?

https://www.babyaccessories.ie/p/baby_jogger_city_mini_double

You might not like the colour but you could ring and ask if the other colours are this price aswell? We bought ours from this guy and he threw in the rain over for free as we bought the footmuff aswell :).

If you do have a look at this shop it is free delivery. But make sure it's the newest model. The newer (2014) model has a different buckle on the harness which I think is better than the older model. That's pretty much the only difference tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

City mini double, it's so light and can still be pushed with one hand. I tried quite a few and would have gone with the city select because it can be changed back to a single except I found it extremely heavy even with no child in it.

Only downside of the city mini double is that it takes up alot of space and is a bit of a nuisance if you're folding it up after every use but I go out walking almost every day with mine and haven't another bad word to say about it :)

Thanks both and thanks for that website Sligo - that colour is fine! I've still a bit to go before I buy so I'll try and have a look at them in the shops and keep an eye out for bargains, but the city mini seems to be getting the most votes at the moment!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I bought an out n about nipper when I was expecting #2 in 2011.
    I have brought it on holidays abroad,pushed it up mountains,pushed it along long sandy beaches,walked 5km + with it daily,brought it on buses,brought it on trains,pushed it around shops and I have to say I have never regretted it.
    It is a very light buggy,it folds nearly flat - the foot board sticks out a bit.
    I have near constantly had 3 kids in it at the same time,2 in the seats an done on the foot board and it is still going strong.
    The 4th and 5th child to use it are in it now and still no complaints.

The only 2 changes I would have made to it are a handle which can me made higher and separate sunshades but the newer ones have both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Boardusername

We have city mini and love it. It is so maneuverable and easy to push or even run with. We got it second hand for 250 € and it was a good investment. I would recommend this double buggy for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I had the double out n about nipper. Bought one secondhand on donedeal, used it for a year, and sold it again for the same money. They really hold their value if you treat them properly. Great buggy.

All I'd say, is get the narrower model secondhand. The V1 is the oldest one, and that is a bit bulkier alright.

We're currently back to using our single nipper, 18 month old in the seat, 4 year old on the footpad if she gets tired.

Advertisement