Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping track of them and their....

Options
  • 15-08-2015 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Recently started in a new position in a company with approx 150 users.
    Current setup is very ad-hoc as company has grown very rapidly in a short time.
    The company uses a lot of cloud services and each user has multiple logins/details for us to keep track of, - some they know of i.e email, apps, softphone credentials, sip accounts, group memberships, contact numbers,

These are currently stored in excel files.

I would like to have a centralised database for this kind of information - something that is live, password protected, accessible by different people, and can be customised to add the appropriate fields as required.

Any recommendations for this kind of credential management/tracking/documenting?

Many Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

It's called Active Directory. Seriously you would be much better off reducing the need for separate credentials, it will get to the point where it becomes unmanageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Keepass for onsite DB or Lastpass Enterprise for "cloud".

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Keepass rocks, but seriously, pipe things through AD. Theres a special place in hell for sysadmins who develop systems with independent credentials where unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Thanks guys,
    Its pretty messy and will take some time to tidy up.
    Logins and passwords everywhere, to multiple sites and services - staff leaving and starting all the time so info always changing.

I do like keepass, but we are talking about multiple entries per user.

As ye have said, it really needs to be simplified.

Cheers

Advertisement