Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toddler menu ideas?

Options
  • 15-08-2015 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi everyone! I have an almost three year old who used to be a great feeder but now he only picks at things saying he doesn't like it! No matter what it is. Any advice on how to get food into him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Try to organise meals where you all sit down together.
    Cook only one meal - they'll see you eating it. Plus if theres no other option - he wont starve

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Would agree with the one option only. Very often they do like it, it's just a control issue.

I tell mine (4 and 2) that that's it, nothing else and leave them to it. If they are picky about about something in it like peppers say, I tell them to leave them on the side and eat everything else. Don't make anything an issue. My four year old will now say "Actually I'll try it" and of course ends up eating the peppers or whatever she's taken against.

It does help if they see you eat the same thing and enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

+1 to less options.

Also, watch if they are eating a snack or drinking just before food. My 4 yr old could quite easily neck 2 glasses of milk and then decide she doesn't want dinner. Or will scoff a banana as I'm cooking and then refuse dinner.

They'll eat almost anything if they are a little hungry. (but not too hungry that they get hangry!)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

Just to add there are many stages where a childs taste buds have dramatic changes and this can make them more sensitive to certain tastes. He may be at ine of these stages. Can be quite awkward as my oldest will go hungry rather than eat something if she decides she doesn't like it.
    I've had to be more lenient or she would not eat.
    Most kids will comply with there's nothing else there but not all. Just a different perspective :-)

Advertisement