Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anybody know how many places are available for DCU Computer Applications?

Options
  • 15-08-2015 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Has the course ever been filled? Also what do you think my chances are of getting offered a place? The min. points last year were 400 .. And I got 395. Also the min grade for HL maths is a D3 but I got a C3.. Very anxious about getting a place please respond.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rbiff

Woodse07 wrote: »
    Has the course ever been filled? Also what do you think my chances are of getting offered a place? The min. points last year were 400 .. And I got 395. Also the min grade for HL maths is a D3 but I got a C3.. Very anxious about getting a place please respond.

According to Wikipedia it has 300 places each year: "it has three times more first preferences through the Central Applications Office system than the next most sought after computer course in Ireland... with 300 places per year". The points could always drop, don't worry. It has been 400-405 past few years, so it could drop this year! As for it ever getting filled; I have no idea, I'm going into the course this year (hopefully if the points don't go way up) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Woodse07

rbiff wrote: »
    According to Wikipedia it has 300 places each year: "it has three times more first preferences through the Central Applications Office system than the next most sought after computer course in Ireland... with 300 places per year". The points could always drop, don't worry. It has been 400-405 past few years, so it could drop this year! As for it ever getting filled; I have no idea, I'm going into the course this year (hopefully if the points don't go way up) :)

Thanks for the reply, do you have a link to that page? Hopefully I'll see you there hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Iopu

300 places isn't right. It's more like 130 and some will be repeating the year. Hope you get the place you want. I've just finished first year so ask if you've anymore questions!

Advertisement