Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question about Mccarthy's bar by Pete Mccarthy

Options
  • 14-08-2015 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

In this book he mentions a few times a guide book he is using. It's written by an Englishman visiting Ireland a couple of hundred years ago - can anyone remember the name? I don't have the book to hand to check

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Might be mentioned in the acknowledgments at the rear of the book. I read it years ago but can't think of the book he references, my book was handy so I took a pic of the acknowledgments and attached, might be mentioned there. Let me know if it's not mentioned there and if im bored later I'll take a flick through it.

BTW, that book was the reason I tried Singapore Noodles, love them since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

In this book he mentions a few times a guide book he is using. It's written by an Englishman visiting Ireland a couple of hundred years ago - can anyone remember the name? I don't have the book to hand to check

Think it's William Thackeray if I remember rightly

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

From my memory it is Thackery. I think he had some connection to Ireland.

Advertisement