Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sofa Redesign

Options
  • 14-08-2015 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

I'm looking into getting my sofa arms redesigned, as in lowering the arms and probably getting it reupholstered.

Would this cost as much as getting a new sofa? My frame is very good quality so that would be remaining intact.

Does anyone know where the main cost in sofa making is.. The frame, filling or materials?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

I really think you would have to ask an upholsterer. My experiences of them is that they do good work if you tell them exactly what you want - but they ain't cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

recipio wrote: »
    I really think you would have to ask an upholsterer. My experiences of them is that they do good work if you tell them exactly what you want - but they ain't cheap.
    Yep I done that thanks.
    They were fairly reasonable with their quote, €700 for four arms lowered and completely restuffing everything, one is a large corner sofa and the other being a two seater. It would be another €1300 for new fabric so that and the actual frame is where the big bucks is

Advertisement