Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyword stuffing- how much equals stuffing?

Options
  • 14-08-2015 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    If my site features mainly abstract photos and for most photos in my site I have ' abstract' in the 'image alt text' for most images I'm guessing that this wouldn't count as keyword stuffing as it's relevant?
    Also the amount the word abstract appears would be 100, 300 max but not 20 attached to one page or image.
    Thanks,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

Keyword stuffing is looked at relative to others in the same industry and what Google believe is a suitable mixture for that area, so there is no arbitrary hard limits for you to measure against (e.g. think a real estate website and how often the word 'property' might appear on a page without it being manipulative or bad for users).

As long as it's relevant for your users, you shouldn't worry about it.

I've never looked into that area in detail, but I would imagine that anyone producing a page on "abstract photos" would have a very high prevalence of the word abstract in the content. With that in mind, the relevant measures would allow a pretty high threshold without you ever having to worry about being flagged for keyword stuffing.

Alt text is a requirement for accessibility on sites and it should be a clear description of the image for anyone unable to see the image directly. If you changed your images from being 'abstract' to being penguins, you'd expect (and should) have a high number of mentions of the word penguin within the image titles and alt descriptions. 'Abstract' in this case is no different for the algorithm, it's just a slightly less tangible concept for us humans.

Advertisement