Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming groups / masters South Dublin

Options
  • 13-08-2015 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I am looking to join up with a masters/ Group session on a regular basis in the South Dublin area. I am in Shankill but do not mind travelling a little. I am not a good swimmer by any stretch but have done 3-4k swims albeit slow, so want to join something thats suits all abilities and not just the faster swimmers.

Ideally looking for an improvers session with an opportunity to work up to a faster group. Need a lot of work on technique so not don't just want to be swimming non stop with no guidance and drills to be working on.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emclau

Hi,
    I would love to get a response on this.

I live by a beach in Sydney but will be moving back to Shankill (same as the OP!!) later this year. I currently swim 2 mornings per week pool session and 3 mornings in the ocean.... I'm going to have major withdrawal symptoms when I move back! (21 degrees to the Irish sea!)

Thanks
    Enda

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Carmelkayak

If you look at the Leinster Open Sea website, there is a list of clubs based in South Dublin with the times and locations of their training sessions.
    Personally, I would recommend Dublin Swimming Club. They are very welcoming to new swimmers (including slow ones like me) but plenty of opportunities to improve and move up the lanes. Also a mix of people interested in open sea swimming and galas etc.

Advertisement