Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Assistance Fund

Options
  • 13-08-2015 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

Do people get much from this, even if you been refused a grant due to a means test?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 PaulRyan17

I would imagine its done on a case by case basis and how much funds the college has to their disposable. It's probably for students who are really struggling financially.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DukeKevin

I think when i got it at UCC it was either 500 or 1000. Cant remember which. You must show what you are spending it on..list the costs etc. Does anyone know if its available at WIT? Not being a university??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 PaulRyan17

You can get it in LIT so you should be able to get it in WIT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭taytobreath

DukeKevin wrote: »
    I think when i got it at UCC it was either 500 or 1000. Cant remember which. You must show what you are spending it on..list the costs etc. Does anyone know if its available at WIT? Not being a university??

You can get it in w.i.t., 500 is what most people were been offered.
    if you have all your paperwork in order and in by November you'd usually get a reply by email by December just in time for the added stress of Christmas.
    if your going to apply for it keep all your expenditure receipts such as weekly shopping, what you are spending in the college and what you spend for college, transport receipts, everything!
    The process is strict and time consuming in regards to showing that you are a hard up student.
    Good luck!

http://www.wit.ie/current_students/student_life_and_learning/student_assistance_fund

Advertisement