Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this cable?

Options
  • 13-08-2015 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask this. I built a computer last week, and there was a particular cable included (pics attached) with either the case or the motherboard (motherboard I think.) I couldn't find any reference to it in any of the manuals. The computer is up and running without any issue so I presume it's nothing vital but I'm just curious as to what it is, so hoped one of you experts could point me in the right direction! The case is a Coolermaster N400 and the motherboard is a MSI H97 Gaming 3 if that helps.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The fat end is molex I think, the thin one may be an fdd, its likely fan related as far as I can tell, nothing to worry about I wouldn't think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, looks like molex to floppy disc to me. Could be mistaken..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Thought FDD was fan related :pac: They're a little before my time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Sparko

Thanks guys, did a quick Google and that's exactly what it is. Definitely won't be needing it! Thanks again.

Advertisement