Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New darts tv gameshow!

Options
  • 13-08-2015 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭

Move over Bully

http://www.pdc.tv/news/article/ix7ghndcs9w616xmu3ld830fj/title/pdc-stars-set-for-sky-1-gameshow

STARS of the PDC are to take part in a new gameshow to be shown on Sky 1 later this year, which will also feature Davina McCall and Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff.

One Hundred and Eighty will see world famous darts players team up with skilled members of the public to compete with each other for a big money prize.

The programme will combine the drama of a sporting event with the excitement of a game show and will air to Sky customers in the UK and Ireland in September 2015.

Inspired by and named after the top score you can achieve on a dartboard, One Hundred and Eighty will see pro darts players including 16-time World Champion Phil Taylor, world number one Michael van Gerwen and current World Champion Gary Anderson playing to determine a prize fund at the start of each show.

They will then be paired into teams with lucky members of the public who will compete for the chance to win the prize.

Hosted by Davina McCall, the two teams will go head-to-head in a series of darts-based games and traditional legs of 501. One team will go through to play the final game hoping to take home the cash prize.

Professional darts commentator Rod Studd and sporting legend Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff will provide electrifying commentary to the proceedings and keep tabs on the all-important score.

Adam MacDonald, Director of Sky 1 commented: "Darts is a sport close to the nation's heart. There is something incredibly exciting about reinventing this tradition, with a fresh, modern entertainment twist, all exclusively for Sky 1.

"One Hundred and Eighty brings together Davina and Freddie with the sports finest pro players and members of the darts playing public, in a fun competition that is certainly not to be missed."

Lee Connolly, Creative Director of Entertainment for ITV Studios, said: "One Hundred and Eighty is part game show, part event.

"This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for darts-mad fans to pair up with their heroes and go home with some serious money.

"With Davina McCall as quiz master and Freddie Flintoff providing wit and humour from the commentary box, One Hundred and Eighty will bring all the excitement and energy of top class darts to Sky 1's audience."

The eight one-hour shows will be produced by ITV Studios for Sky 1 and filmed in front of a packed audience at the iconic Winter Gardens in Blackpool.

One Hundred and Eighty will be made with the collaboration of the Professional Darts Corporation and feature their top players including: 16-time World Champion Phil Taylor, world number one Michael van Gerwen, current World Champion Gary Anderson, Peter Wright, two-time World Champion Adrian Lewis, James Wade, Simon Whitlock and Stephen Bunting.

The show was commissioned for Sky by Barbara Lee, Sky Commissioning Editor. It is executive produced by Lee Connolly, Paul Broadbent and Ben Kelly and series produced by Anna Dunkley for ITV Studios. The format will be distributed internationally by ITV Studios Global Entertainment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Just read that, was gonna post it.

It will probably turn out **** but I'll give it a look.

Chizzy didn't make the cut again...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Sounds good to me, I'm in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I would be more interested in applying to be on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I would be more interested in applying to be on it!

I would challenge you to do a better fake laugh than Divina "Always up the spout" McCall :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

It all went downhill for McCall after the demise of late night dating TV show 'Gods Gift'

• Advertisement

Gods gift eh? Sounds like some quality programming right there. Wonder why it never lasted the distance :D

I think it went downhill for Divina after she attempted to snort her way across Colombia(like an early sport relief...but called Snort Relief) and with the size of her nose just think of the amount of powder could fit in there!

I've seen this advertised a few times over the last few days and its a nice looking wee advert.
    It doesn't give away any more info on what the actual game is but I think I spotted Taylor,Wade,Anderson & Klassen floating heads on the ad, so maybe they are team captains or something, from original post seems like there should be couple more too.

Tuesday 15th Sept I think it starts on sky 1

KingP - Still dunno how we're getting you on the show mate but heres a link to be in the audience :D tickets are free, just gotta goto blackpool! Maybe its like "come on down" & contestants are picked from the audience? http://www.applausestore.com/book-darts

Anyone up for a boards trip to Blackpool next week? haha

Tonight 8pm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, please do not watch! Your eyes will bleed.

Garbage.

ComfortKid wrote: »
    If anyone hasn't seen it yet, please do not watch! Your eyes will bleed.

Garbage.

really? lol

I had it on but tv was flicking on & off so it was pretty unwatchable. Thought a few of the games looked ok but hard to tell. From what I seen it looked like 2 punter teams quizzing & playing against eachother and randomly Taylor & Lewis played eachother with a game of doubles at the end. I didn't really get how Taylor or Lewis were in the teams...should have sat them down to answer Qs to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,807 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

I liked it. Both amateur players were very handy

paulie21 wrote: »
    I liked it. Both amateur players were very handy

The baldy dude was lightening fast...and pretty accurate too! Couldn't believe how quickly he got 3/4 way round the huge circular board game

full episode is online :D

The 2nd episode is on tonight, James Wade is one of the pros.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

Watched the Van Gerwin /Wade episode last night, It’s not that bad. I would to have a go at the first game where they have to hit the targets. Oh and that Steve chap came across as a total dickhead.

After watching the 2nd show I actually think its ok aswell. Don't see the point in playing for points during the show to take a meager 20/30 points off a 501 for the doubles start but good to see darts players are not all high and mighty like other sports stars. Fair play to Wade, he really tried for the whole show, even from the doubles with MVG at start he was shouting for MVG to hurry up when retreiving his darts :D

The standard of the amateur players is a lot better than what I was expecting.

Episode 2

Episode 3 next Tuesday with snakebite & mvg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Freddie Flintoff is atrocious on the commentary, I really felt like switching over at times, he irritated me that much.

At an hour, this is way too long also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

He's a fair burner

Freddie Flintoff is atrocious on the commentary

Could be worse, could be mardle! :D

Episode 3

[/SIZE]

The good standard from 1st couple of shows fairly dropped last night!

Even if you're not a fan of the show I recommend watching the walk ons...well the 1st one LOL I've watched it a few times now

Anderson & Taylor tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

Jaysus flintoff is a dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Freddie Flintoff is atrocious on the commentary, I really felt like switching over at times, he irritated me that much.

At an hour, this is way too long also.

Always thought he was a tosser anytime he appeared on PDC events.

Let's hope they don't give him a full time darts gig for actual tournaments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I watched an episode of this at the weekend on youtube. In a nutshell it is fcuking crap. Absolutely shyte. Honestly, I wouldn't even know where to begin about how bad it was. The games, the set, the presenters...goes on forever....the first ten minutes are the guest players setting the jackpot and the introductions amid manic shouting and screaming from Flintoff and McCall who are a real pair of spastics.
    I skipped through half of it just to get to the end. Never again.

Advertisement