Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overheated pixel = red vertical line on all pictures!

Options
  • 13-08-2015 8:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭

Got a loan of a friends 16mp camera for the weekend with a view to buying a camera in the near future, but what caught my eye was a very faint vertical red line on each and every picture (when viewing on my laptop)! I did some investigation and discovered that it's probably an overheated pixel > a common fault in may new generation cameras?

The person I borrowed the camera is elderly so I didn't highlight the fault to them, but I noticed it and I wonder if I was to print the pictures would the tiny thin red line show up on the prints?

Are these red lines common, or is this a one in a million faulty camera?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

AFAIK there is a threshold for Hot and Dead pixels on a sensor, but a whole Hot line would be outside of that.

Advertisement