Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reply to HR manager got garbled up - How should I handle this?

Options
  • 13-08-2015 6:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey there,

I got a response from a HR manager at a big multinational tech corporation informing me that there was a job opening for tech support. I replied that I would be extremely interested in taking up the position (I have been looking for a job desperately for months now!)

HR in the company use Jobvite in the recruiting process. Jobvite gives you the option to reply directly to the email or send it through the site - I opted just to reply to the message using my email client. I later registered on jobvite just to make sure that the message sent successfully (and it had - I could see the message posted) HOWEVER there was a bit of a problem

The message on jobvite is formatted incredibly bad. You have the original message which I sent and then you have the message that the HR manager sent me (including details such as what emails it was sent to/from) all stuck together in one giant paragraph. It looks incredibly messy and If I was looking for employees myself for such a role and received a response like this, they would go on the "NO" pile :-) What seemed to happen is that when you send a response on outlook.com, it also includes the message that you responded to below which I think is pretty standard for email services.

What exactly should I do in this situation? Reply to the manager again saying that it was a problem with my email client (and maybe seem inept?) or just don't say anything (maybe they are used to this happening?)

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Sit tight and relax. Nothing to be done now. Even if you reply, you will probably just make the situation worse or show them you are desperate and end up with less pay. Leave it be.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

What exactly should I do in this situation? Reply to the manager again saying that it was a problem with my email client (and maybe seem inept?) or just don't say anything (maybe they are used to this happening?)

Contact them, send them another copy and explain it just as you have here. At least that way you are showing them that you give a dam.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just ring the HR manager ane explain what's happened and did they get it OK, great opportunity to touch Base with them..

Advertisement